Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

how would i know or find out?

thanks

Photo?
Contact the manufacturer.

not great quality but here

not replying
sent @mackann like 4 messages and emailed him and they arent replying to me at all. trying to diy this motor back together but dont think its right hes refusing (well not replying to messages)to replace a motor which died with little use.
sorry for the rant

You’ll need to take another photo. Use much more light.
Point out the temp sensor in case I can’t spot it.

1 Like

im not sure where this is. i can see the pin to solder to but i dont know where the actual sensor is

Is it on the PCB or embedded in the motor?

1 Like

Let’s get back to basics here, we”re getting lost in details that might not matter….

How long do you want to extend the wires?

1 Like

]

no idea where the sensor is

prob 5cm or so just enough to make soldering them not a PITA

1 Like

It’s the small capacitor-looking thing labeled “NTC”…negative temperature coefficient. This means it is a thermistor.

You should be able to extend the wires by 5cm w/o causing problems for the sensor. But how are you going to protect the soldered joints on the extended wires from vibration? Those hard solder points will be bouncing around and hitting and rubbing up against whatever is nearby.

3 Likes

anyone got cheap 6374s mine got bricked

1 Like

2 layers of shrink wrap i assumed. is that not good enough?

maybe shrink wrap + hot glue/ epoxy

@anubis sells the fs ones for cheap

2 Likes

I don’t know. I only brought it up for you to consider. I don’t know what the conditions will be inside that motor and how well your wiring/joints will handle it. Do what you feel is enough and see how it goes. :slightly_smiling_face:

No hot glue though. It will be useless once the motor heats up.

1 Like

@Anubis ayo bro how much for one motor

1 Like

@Anubis u got cheap vesc too?

1 Like

thank you

your def more knowledgeable then me so was gonna go on your opinion
will watch some videos on it

one last thing is does the pcb need to be in a specific place and the black pieces facing down (the actual sensors) need to be in a specific spot?

thank you

2 Likes

I don’t know

1 Like

k thanks for the help

1 Like

I just realized how much you want to extend those wires…don’t do it. There’s just no need to add that much wire that you have to stuff in there and hope doesn’t rub against anything.

I won’t ask why you were so rough with that PCB :slightly_smiling_face: but I recommend just taking your time and setting everything up so that you have the right access to the solder points on the PCB.

1 Like

i wasnt
i unscrewed the cap that holds the pcb down and the whole thing well off

sadly i dont think i will be able to solder the wires without extending them. they barely fit when the pcb is flat down so its almost impossible to solder without extending the wires.

if you have a different solution please tell me

2 Likes