Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

it should, but sometime smart bms isn’t so smart :joy:

1 Like

my guess would be 14 poles (7 pairs) but best way to be sure is to message them directly

unless it’s a dumb BMS no pun intended

1 Like

Ah okay. I was guessing the same thing, but I was wondering if the wire winds (6D) had anything to do with that. I’ll send them a message to be sure. Thanks.

they settled for smart enough :man_shrugging:t2: it might just be a faulty bms in the end, but we won’t know much until Linny break it open

1 Like

Cheap focer 2 pre 0.9 version – is this correct? Or is it the other way round?

@shaman ? :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Hey everybody! Hoping someone can help me out. I’m just realizing that the bullet connectors on my motor don’t fit the bullet connectors on my ESC. Do I have to resolder the bullet connectors and the motor? Or is there an adapter her the situation? They gave me an extra set of female bullet connectors but I don’t have a soldering gun, I’ll get one if I have to, but was wondering if there is an easier way around it. Thank you.

*on the motor
adapter *for this situation

1 Like

You can search for a mr30 female to 4?mm bullet connector. Female MR30 to Female 4mm Bullet Connector Adapter — MBoards Mboards sells them, but maybe another suplier would be better.

3 Likes

His side is mr60

Before making an adapter i would just do it properly and solder the right connector on and be done.

6 Likes

You’re awesome! Thank you

You’re probably right. I’ve just never used a soldering gun even though I’ve watched videos on it. It just makes me nervous. Don’t wanna fuck it up lol

don’t buy from mboards

make ur own is cheaper, and u learn a new skill if u haven’t already

6 Likes

We’ve all been there but you’ll need it eventually and you will be thankful for the skill going forwards in life.

If you want to go with an adapter by all means, do it. But make sure you A: Don’t buy from mboards and B: get it done properly from someone.

If you want to take the adventure of soldering, grab a few bits and pieces or wire and connectors and go practive, practice, practice.

We are here to help. Share pictures of the process and we’ll tell you what needs improvement.

6 Likes

MR60 to 4mm Bullet Connector Adapter – Propulsion Boards is the only one I can find unfortunately. But it doesnt have a picture at all. So it would be a lucky shot i guess…

1 Like

haha, thats the reason I said maybe another suplier would be better :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

While we are at it, those should be 5.5mm bullets on his motor, not 4mm.

4mm

5.5mm

5 Likes

i feel like those are TB motors and the mr60 probably is a xenith :speak_no_evil:

3 Likes

I should have better said nothing :sweat_smile: :rofl:

3 Likes

Can you take a closer and higher definition photo of the particular connectors in question? Can you also take this to the CFOC2 thread like you have for other issues?

Thanks. You guys are dope. It is a Torqueboard motor and the ESC is Focbox Unity

1 Like