Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

it should be fine, as long as u have insulation. I would also suggest keeping them both fix in place while in enclosure, so they don’t rub against each other.

what’s the problem of using a XT90S? space constraint?

2 Likes

The reason for the question, Im working on a EMTB, I would rather drill a small hole to feed wires out of battery box than a big hole to fit XT90, but still have XT90 on the end to plug into stormcore. not sure a smaller hole is worth the risk of short issues

1 Like

u can have one hole for each wire, so they are not together, reducing the chance of them touching.

1 Like

That’s a good idea, or maybe even still one hole and stager bullets on the line.

1 Like

make sure no metal part is exposed, u don’t want water to short it out either :joy:

Cheers, yeah my extra motor arrived so once I get the mounts set up I’m gonna increase the motor amps on the crap one and let her rip

It seems I didn’t catch something obvious in my googling before a build but someone else mentioned it in another thread.

Do cloudwheels use ABEC(ish) style cores? As in can I buy an ABEC pulley, do some checks to see it reaches far enough into the core given the slightly wider wheels and just roll with that?

I would keep the bullets in the claimed as waterproof box, and silicone hole back up. your kinda talking me out of the idea tho :grimacing:

1 Like

just make sure u have insulation everywhere :joy:

i’ve seen too many sparks in the last 2 years that i need to remind eveyone about it

1 Like

what’s the max amp can Hoty’s pocket rocket motor handle? @DerelictRobot u probably know since u used to have a set.

Does anyone know if torqueboard CNC baseplates are compatible with BN trucks. / if the below will be a problem.

It appears that the kingpin doesn’t line up correctly with the centre circle of the truck when the truck is fully depressed. The image where you can see a slight gap between truck and pivot cup is when the hole and bushings are alighned… I guess I need a new baseplate :thinking::weary:

Wondering this too as im ordering a BN220 to replace my 218 hanger.

Yeah technically you can, but as Michael was saying it’s really risky amd I dont recommend it. If you decide to do it, always put the female bullet upstream (aka closest to the battery), as they are much harder to short, assuming they are properly heat shrinked.

Also, only work on one line at a time. Cut the black wire, solder the female bullet connector onto the wire that is still connected to the battery, heat shrink that so the bullet is completely covered, then cut the red wire and do the same for it. Never have both wires exposed at the same time.

5 Likes

I’ll probably just leave this idea alone, aesthetics is not worth possible faulty equipment. Thanks for the reply, I will not put this in my battery request to you down the road lol.

I personally wouldn’t roll that

Does anyone have a comprehensive list of all motor options for esk8? I just found Hacker Motors, though their motors are made in China, they charge as if made in the US. Doesn’t Hoyt St use an American manufacturer? What is the most reliable brand? I was going to buy two SK3 6374’s yesterday, but Hobbyking raised the prices by $20. I’ve been using Flipsky motors, but I’d like to move up in quality if possible. I was disappointed in Maytech- they run hot and make funny noises.

1 Like

their motor brand is KDE, but they don’t do custom motor unless u got real deep pockets. @DEEIF got first hand experience.

im not sure what other reliable motors others have used, but TB / flipsky motors seems to not break that often, and they are BH by default, which is kinda nice.

1 Like

Are you also wanting gasoline, diesel, steam, and hamster-wheel motor options? Horse-drawn?

LoL there are simply too many ways one can engineer a motor vehicle.

4 Likes

Put the female bullets on the battery side. Females always get power. Reduce your risk of shorting.

2 Likes

I still got a lot to learn, thanks!!!

1 Like