Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

It’s like popping the hood of your car at a car meet. It’s great :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

And to answer your question, no i do not notice the box.

1 Like

An electric mtb can absolutely wheelie, but you don’t need to use the deck flex to do it. Just mash the throttle a bit and take some weight off the front, and it’ll wheelie right out from under you! XD

If you’ve got bindings, then it’s even easier to control.

3 Likes

But can you use the deck flex to pop off lips and whatnot, or does the extra weight and inertia make it just easier to gas it instead?

I’d say the extra mass would make it harder to do it unpowered, definitely. But it shouldn’t be impossible especially with bindings so you can use your leg to pull up the nose.
And a little extra gas always helps. :smiley:

Disclaimer: I don’t have a MTB.

1 Like

I don’t have mine in a box. Thank goodness.

2 Likes

Hi all. I’m trying to log RT data with VESC tool on Android but I can’t get it to write a cxv file anywhere. When I click ‘Choose log directory’ I can’t navigate to my sd card or anything.

It’s kind of acting like the app doesn’t have write access to storage but it does. I checked in app settings.

Anyone know how to fix? Are there other Android apps that can do this?

Use a desktop PC

Speaking of mobile vesc tool, i still haven’t figured out how to activate live packets so i can do foc_openloop.

Unfortunately, no. It’s better to do the desktop set up one.

What’s the best way to paint my blue Bergmeister hubs black? I was planning on plastidiping them but I don’t know if that’s durable enough.

@b264 where’s the best place to get belts
310-5M-15 Need 4

2 Likes

Define “best” :joy:

I would say the “best” (most durable, nicest looking) way would probably be to power coat them. That takes materials and equipment you might not have though. You also would probably have to sand all the anodization off.

The “best” way that you can do at home is probably spray paint. I painted my wheel this way, and they turned out alright. My suggestion, be sure to scuff up all the surfaces of the wheel with some sand paper, and use metal primer before painting. I didn’t do this, and so my paint started flaking off pretty quickly. Finish with a couple coats of 2k clear coat.

Also mask off the bearing seats, because filling those with paint is a good way to never be able to get your bearings back in the wheels.

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

I was recommended this:

But my belt size are 350mm for trampa.

2 Likes

These are the primary ones I use $1.82/ea

and these when I need one right away $9.20/ea

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ISCF25A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Have these wheeels ever beeeeeen on the streeeeeets?
NEVER! :laughing:
But nice board, bro. :mechanical_arm:

1 Like

Ha ha they’re just too pretty to put on that concrete :rofl:but you’re right another week just getting the battery snd my ESC together :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Ahh haha ok, that looks so ready to ride hahahaha
Then I will take everything back :joy: :joy: :joy:
without batts and esc its not fun at all to push these heavy beauties through the streets.

2 Likes

What kind of resin/epoxy/whatever does Trampa use in their decks?