Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I don’t have a discharge bms, I am using the FlexiBMS. I plan to use an arduino connected to my rx to control a relay controlling the light circuit. I want to be able to turn everything off with the antispark switch apart from the BMS. It seems stupid that there isn’t a way to connect to the other side of the esc switch other than the low power connector. The only other option i can think of is using an independent antispark switch and disable the Xenith switch but I would prefer not to.

i have 3 or 4 of those YZpower charger, both 12s and 10s, works great, cool while charging, the only thing i dislike is the fan noise being a bit too loud to my liking specially when im charging in the middle of the night, i can hear the fan anywhere in my living room, but other than that, its pretty much perfect

u get to choose ur own AC plug and also DC plug as well, less soldering work, good stuff all around

3 Likes

My BMS is showing one of the cells red overcharged:

Should this straighten out eventually if I leave it plugged in?

2 Likes

Seems like it’s batch specific. The Yzpower one i have is virtually inaudible.

2 Likes

:thinking: all of mine were ordered in different time, probably at least 2 or 3 months apart from each other. maybe i only hear it because its the middle of the night and everything else is dead silent

2 Likes

Weird.

Here is mine. The sound is amplified since the mic doesn’t pick anything up so it boosts the audio. Only when near the charger is calmes down.

2 Likes

actually that’s the same sound i hear when u have the phone close to the charger, the brrrrr sound the fan makes, im sure its the same for me, and im just hearing it because everything around me is too silent

2 Likes

Then it might just be a different sound perception.

2 Likes

Super hearing for me! Actually that’s not a good thing……I find the world too noisy already

2 Likes

You can always just blow your eardrums, problem solved…kinda?

Just a week of silence would boost my moral by such an amount you won’t believe it.

1 Like

I still like music, don’t wanna go deaf because my daily life is noisy af :joy:

I heard u moving soon™? When’s that happening

1 Like

sheeit, can’t live without music.

Beginning of August if everything works out. I really hope its quieter else I’m going crazy.

2 Likes

We will pray for some well behaved neighborhood :pray:t2:

1 Like

2 16ah 6s lipos just arrived for my first board. I want to tape them together with kapton tape just to make it easier to get them into and out of the battery box to charge/ride. Any safety concerns with taping them together like that?

Maybe stick a piece of foam or something non conductive between them. Fish paper for example, just in case they rub on each other.

4 Likes

Good idea, thanks!

1 Like

You can do that with a BMS, but I wouldn’t do it without a BMS.

1 Like

How much current can you use on the 5v of a esc? Is there a way of finding a an exact number or is a rough value? Specifically for a focbox unity/xenith

Trying to get the real angles of a 2019/2020 ly evo, some say -/+ 10 and some say -/+ 15.

2 Likes

red doesnt mean overcharged. Red means the voltage of that cell is very different from the rest. Just let your pack balance.

2 Likes