Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

if you have a flexy deck you can make 2 enclosures and connect, which deck do you have

Yea I bought them used but the guy said he barely used them. Is this bad? The belts are not that tight. They are perfect tension I believe.

1 Like

although, I have different trunks and wheels.

When I remove the wheel and belts, then spin the motors, it doesn’t have that rattling noise anymore

2 Likes

Is your motor pulley grub screw and all the bolts securing your motor tight?

I’m running the motor pulley with just a key and no grub screws… Ik it sounds bad but the grub screws in the motor pulley wont secure my motor pulley down on the short maytech shafts. With just the key, it is really secure. The motor is secured down tight

Yeah the key will stop it from rotating on the shaft but not keep it from moving laterally/sideways.

I’m worried it’s sliding left to right and hitting the mount. Can you slide it on and off the shaft by hand?

1 Like

Yea I can. I think you might be right about the motor pulley making that noise, but I don’t understand how it makes the noise that is in the video above. I spun the motor by hand with the motor pulley on the shaft and it makes a pretty quiet but similar rattling noise

1 Like

Your pulleys not being 100% in line will almost always cause them to walk one direction, left or right. I’m thinking it’s walking your motor pulley sideways a tiny bit and then snapping back against the mount.

Is there any gap between the motor pulley and the mount?

1 Like

There is no gap between the motor pulley and motor mounts from what I can tell

1 Like

You could flip those pulleys around so the grub screw touches just to see if it fixes it.

2 Likes

Yup, that worked but the belt grinds against the wheel because it is sitting on an angle away from the motor mount due to the thickness of the grub screws part. I think I’ll just loctite the pulleys onto the shaft and that’ll do. Do you recommend using loctite to secure the pulley?

2 Likes

I’d start with blue loctite. Red loctite will require a lot of force to ever remove, probably a blowtorch. Green ain’t coming off without a blowtorch and damage.

If you have extra axle length, you could realign them with spacers too.

2 Likes

Is this a good deal? 80€ / pc

Not sure if you consider the Focer Group buy price?

Can’t tell you though if the ebay listing has things soldered that the focer kit hasn’t.

2 Likes

Are meepo hub motors any good? Considering hub motors, but they are either to expensive or cheap.

2 Likes

As far as I understood, hub motors always have some sorts of issues or problems. You gotta love them when dealing with them outside of prebuilts. Why don’t use a geared setup?

1 Like

I don’t really want the noise from a belt drive, and I want to be able to push the board. Geared setup is too much out of my budget.

Noise vs frequent maintenance
I’d rather have the noise. And my belts don’t make noise over my music :joy:

1 Like

Music? Do you have a Bluetooth box on your board lol?