Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

someone recommended a more roomy version of the Peli Case 1200 on here some time ago and I thought id bookmarked the page, but alas I didnt ( searched this thred too…perhaps it was another one). In any case, is anyone familar witht the Peli Case 1200 that’s called like ‘Pel Case 1200 XR’, or someting, a special version of the original where the inside is slightly more spacious (we’re talking 1 or 2cm)… ?

is 2 inches of risers to much? gonna be made out of 1 and a half inches of wood and half inch of standard rubber ones (to ease vibrations)

I wouldn’t use soft risers. I don’t think that’s too much under the right circumstances but it depends on the circumstances. I have almost that much on Bigfoot.

1 Like

need motors to clear the enclosure more
can use hard rubber ones also
what circumstances would this change by?

Send photos

1 Like

of what?

also
is this steel strong enough to be used for such long bolts?
may get 70mm long but somehwere around that length

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08KHJKSDT/ref=twister_B08KHHPRMQ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I would advise against stainless steel bolts.

12.9 grade alloy steel is what you want, and 10.9 grade alloy steel will work fine.

Stainless is weak and can gall. But it looks nice.

The apple of bolts

1 Like

cheers thanks
will search around for both the ones you mentioned

anyone know the bolt circle of trampa pattern hubs?

1 Like

Do strong acceleration and brake feel stable? Always avoided single cause of this.

Yes and in fact if you loose traction in rain or snow or whatever I find single drive (or dual diagonal) to be much more stable in those conditions because you have at least one unpowered wheel on each truck for steering.

1 Like

Replying because this shows my Vesc settings, but any reason the brakes on this would be complete shit? I literally take 10 seconds to completely stop.

decrease “Battery Current Max Regen” to like -12A

Not sure how much lower than that I’d go on a 1P 30Q pack.

@Battery_Mooch how low would you take it?

I’ll set it to -10 to be safe. That should get me significantly better braking right?

Yes

1 Like

But be careful at full charge don’t be slamming on the brakes at high speeds. Once you ride for a few hundred meters from full charge, it gets significantly less bad to do that.

1 Like

Well, after getting the deck necessary for the mountain board trucks, I’ve noticed I have very little clearance to put the battery under the deck…

Will I unfortunately have to put the battery pack on top of the deck or is there an enclosure for this?

ewww :rofl:

1 Like

I hate it too…

Edit: hmm, what if make the enclosure in the middle of the deck and sandwich it with another deck on top… maybe that will look better.

I’ll send a photo when it’s completed.