Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

This?

nope, it is a 90deg one.

5 Likes

Ah, found it. Thanks!

That was me with a Metr Pro UART cable… I still can’t believe it.

It was working until it wasn’t. Cracked open the silicone sealed ESC enclosure and that’s how I found it.

1 Like

7 pin jst in a 8 pin port?

3 Likes

Yep

2 Likes

Noob question I’m finishing off my battery is there any risk of like blowing myself up soldering the two sides of the pack together.

How should I do this safely?

For the other series connections I pre solder 2 plates together so didn’t have this issue.

just make sure you dont short anything
that means be careful when soldering that it doesnt touch any other sides
also be careful at that point between the sides as it seems like there might be a possible short there

2 Likes

Thanks, that’s just where I spot welder the 2 layers together at the top.

1 Like

I ordered this Kit from alieexpress : Off Road Elektrische Skateboard Lkw Berg Longboard 11 Zoll Lkw DIY Teile Für Off Road Skateboard Downhill Board Komponenten|off road electric skateboard|skateboard truckselectric skateboard trucks - AliExpress

I’m searching for a deck that isn’t to expensive but also compatible with those trucks.
I heard that a deck with a 20 degree angle like the mbs colt 90 for example would bring a bad turning radius.

What would you guys suggest?

The Kit has some big angled risers, wouldn’t those be enough on a deck with some smaller angles, or even on a flat deck?

Start working with one wire/pole, completely finish and heatshrink that, then start the other and heatshrink everything together. Don’t give wires the potential to connect/fall into each other in any way or you will see that 10kw of electricity looks as a flame

2 Likes

That truck is awful. For £50 more you could have bought matrix 2 trucks and rockstar hubs/wheels which will last you a lifetime. As for deck, any 30° tip angle deck will do. Most quality ones are in the £150-250 range though

1 Like

Do you know of some cheap boards with 30 degree angle? The cheapest ones i can find are the mbs ones.

Mbs are decent in general. Can’t recommend cheap as i’m using one of the most expensive ones available…

1 Like

Thanks buddy!

2 Likes

any recommendations for pnuematics? I’m planning out my next build and im thinking about the tb 110s but pnuematics also sounded nice but they are just a little pricey

Be aware that you will lose a ton of range bec of pneumatics. Anyways TB has some decent 160mm ones that are readily available here.

2 Likes

The Ali 6x2 nylon tires are brilliant and not expensive. Just beware with hub compatibility.

2 Likes

Yes, I am aware that I will loose range. I saw those but they cost $199 and im not willing to pay that much. Maybe ill just go with the 110s