Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I tried it. It worked well. Surprisingly well if you’re not using it as a key. It won’t work well if you do.

This is the right version? Anti spark Switch Smart Enhanced 200A for Electric Skateboard /Ebike/ – FLIPSKY

1 Like

yea, the 200A is the “fixed” one

2 Likes

Any thoughts?

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/product/B08QYK169W/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A3BY7T5KZAGUWE&psc=1

@Trampa question for you. Why do you not have a PayPal option for payment? Apparently the site you’re using for payments is considered some kind of fraudulent activity.

I only wanted to order two trucks lol

1 Like

Anyone know if the power button for the stormcore is compatible with the unity and if both the unity and stormcore power buttons are the same dimensions ?

2 Likes

Stormcore uses a rgb led (4 wires) instead of the unity 2 wires for led. You could pick just one colour and connect that. From memory they are the same I am about to put both into the same board will check tomorrow.

2 Likes

Are 10mm wide speed rings suitable for tb110 wheels?

1 Like

Before we feed Paypal, we rather employ more staff or reduce the product price.
A single board sale can create 80 USD Paypal fees with ease. We also experienced fraudulent purchases vi PAYPAL. Someone makes a claim, sitting in New Zealand he is unreachable, and your money is and product is gone…
We used Worldpay which is now FIS. FIS became the largest processing and payments company in the world.

6 Likes

Alright. It’s just pretty tedious when your bank tells you it’s fraudulent.

3 Likes

Would appreciate if u could let me know pal thanks for the explanation.

I had the same issue when trying to order my VESCs from Trampa a couple years ago. I had to call my bank and authorize the transaction over the phone.

4 Likes

My bank also called me to confirm its me that is making the purchase from Trampa, its weird getting phone calls in the middle of the night :joy:

5 Likes

Paypal is cancer on the seller’s side. Everything would have to be about 5% more expensive to account for paypal fees, before even considering all the fuckery happening where paypal sides with a scammer and you’re out of the money AND the products.

1 Like

My bank makes me approve purchases in the app, which is reasonable for an e-store they don’t see hundreds of thousands of transactions a day. I can buy from currys over £1000 worth of stuff with no approval for comparison

Oh I agree with the horrible things that paypal had unfortunately done. I’ve heard stories. I’m hoping that there will be a better way of purchasing however, one where you don’t always have to contact your bank for their stuff. This was twice now. And one of them was just barrels…

1 Like

Time to change the bank to one that lives in the 21’s century then.
Having to contact one of my banks means minimum 40 minute wait. Needless to say that my main income goes somewhere else now.

About paypal, i think @janpom explained in detail what it means to do business with them as a small seller on tight profit margins. Should be somewhere in his davega thread

1 Like

I think capital one is good enough. Thanks.

1 Like

@Trampa what connectors are you using for charging on the new 21700 battery box?
I obviously see the square hole near the side power button and i was wondering what was the original plan for those.

So far i found these 2 panel mount type xt30’s

413BOFvt4yL.AC_SX522
Would any of these be appropriate?

1 Like

XT30, PCB mounted. The charger has an overmoulded XT30 male

2 Likes