Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

depends which esc? but yeah on most
which is it as i have done that to many an esc

1 Like

wait no, sorry i wrote it wrong, it should be

since each AS have their own latching switch, can i wire the switch together so one switch to rule them all?

1 Like

Has anyone taken the idler from @IDEA apart to service the bearing? Can’t figure out how to remove it.

2 Likes

I have a MAKERX GO-FOC HI100 75V 100A BASE ON VESC 75300 and I’m putting it in an electric scooter (this is my first time doing anything with VESC). It doesn’t come with a power switch and I want to have a power switch to turn the scooter on and off, and I want that power switch on the handle bars (about 3-4 feet from where the controller is located in the deck). What is the best way to do this? MakerX has a power switch (Anti Spark Switch 10S 100A - MakerX) but it has a maximum voltage of 42volts (my scooter is 52v nominal - 14s). Also which port does the power switch plug into on the ESC? The controller obviously needs to stay plugged into the battery directly so I’m assuming there is a way to switch the power of the ESC by plugging a switch into one of its ports?

One more quick question: I also ordered the Makerx bluetooth module and was surprised to find out that it doesn’t have a plug on it that directly plugs into the MakerX ESC I ordered - so which port does it plug into on the ESC? I can’t find any documentation on what each of the ports on the MakerX are used for… is that readily available somewhere?

BLDC requires a different motor detection that’s not in the wizard. Make sure you do that.

1 Like

Boys i need your help.

One side of my unity is detecting weird resistances in the motors. I used the newest VESC firmware (3.00) didnt use unity tool since i have a uart remote (vx1)

I switched the motors and these were the results.



(This is detection before and after motor switch)
I have the unity mounted on a heatsink.

It detects normally but when i try spinning the motor to check directions it starts cogging a lot. Broken unity? Broken firmware?

Incompatible firmware maybe?

1 Like

3.00 is a tool version. What is the firmware version?

This doesn’t look good, it’s already looking like maybe try swapping the ESC for a new one.

2 Likes

5.2 dont make my cry bribri, its a repaired unit by @MartinSp, any idea what might cause this bad detection?

1 Like

Wait actually i might have an idea ghat causes this. Maybe i did a cold solder joint on accident.

2 Likes

What motor are you using? And battery specs (voltage at least) would be helpful.

Check the joints for sure. Especially inconsistent readings are a sign of these.
It is a good practice to check these even as a maintenance task, vibrations may cause joints that have been decent at some point to become bad and cause all sorts of weird problems. Intermittent issues are the worst to diagnose so prevention is recommended

4 Likes

Those detections above were two evolve motors, i think it would be the most likely a bad solder joint. Well see in 15 mins, im nearly done resoldering it.

5 Likes

Those motors were immortal at some point, don’t let them die on us now.

4 Likes

On a deck like this, the left side is the front, right?

1 Like

correct

1 Like

It did not work unfortunately. Battery is 12s

Going to do the solder joints on the pcb then…

Do you have a different motor to try? I feel like it’s unlikely both motors are messed up, but worth a try.

Do you have a photo of the phase connections? Both on the ESC and any bullet connectors or MR60 solder joints, if present

1 Like

The pictures before this i put up were two different motors.

Yes; I was asking if you happened to have a third motor calling your place home.

1 Like

Uhh i do, let me take a look. Can i detect two different motors?

1 Like

I’m not aware of any issue preventing it.

1 Like