Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I would assume so since I thought my throttle curve was changed to my original settings… I guess this answered my question as to why it had a horrible start up.

Thanks guys.

Edit: freaking yes, now it can kick from start now. Now I gotta find out how did it reset that lol

1 Like

When you did the App Set Up Wizard, what speed mode did you have the Puck set to? If you ran the setup with it in anything other than speed mode three, then you should not ride the board again until you change that, as changing speed modes could make your board dangerous at high duty cycle.

Assuming all that was set up correctly, just to expand on what Brian said, the speed modes on the Puck probably are not going to give you what you want. They limit both torque and speed. Think of it like putting a block of wood under the gas pedal of your car. You cant reach high speed, because you cant push your pedal in very far, but you also cant get a lot of torque for the same reason.

In the VESC tool there are “Profiles” that allow you to set a speed limit without limiting your torque. That may be more up your alley. Personally I dont use the speed modes on the Puck or profiles in the tool. I limit my speed and torque with my thumb :man_shrugging: :joy:

2 Likes

Trust me when I tell you, that was already too late lol. I took a hard spill and fractured my ribs and busted my arm. I learned my lesson and did it on speed mode 3 (the max pulse it can give).

I wrote it earlier and didn’t know about it since I didn’t see the hoyt set up vid (my fault).

3 Likes

Shit man, I’m really sorry to hear that happened to you. Falling always sucks, and its even worse when it’s due to a technical issue that you didnt know you had to look out for. My worst wipeout happened at 93% duty cycle (34mph on that build) because of a temp sensor bug in FW4.1 that I didnt know about. That kind of experience is way too common in esk8. Luckily we have some upstanding developers who are working night and day to make this mode of transportation safer for everyone :slight_smile:

They should really blast those vids more. Not only for the safety concerns, but also because they are excellently concise tutorials of all the features of the Puck. @JJHoyt dont hide your light under a bushel :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

this.
having total control with ur thumb (or other fingers if u use trigger remote) is key

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I don’t have good control, and this was due to a bike and a bus accident. I do try whenever I hit the max mode of course.

3 Likes

i get u man, maybe try switching to the other hand for control, it may be weird at first, but with both hands able to control the remote, things will get easier, also the puck let u switch between right hand mode and left hand mode on the fly, which is awesome

2 Likes

Oh I definitely practice with both hands on the remote. Just incase I can’t use one or the other due to some other stupid thing I hope don’t occur.

5 Likes

be safe bro, last we want to hear is somebody else getting hurt because of this hobby

4 Likes

anyone know what baseplate would fit the TB CNC 220mm trucks…besides the ones that came with it?

Wanted something with pressfit kingpin.

Anyone running dual m1 gear drives on a 184mm hanger and a caliber baseplate? I’ve been told theres some clearance issue and wanted to see if there was a way around it

1 Like

Open to suggestions. What do you recommend?

1 Like

Perhaps setting up an automated email that is separate from the order confirmation email linking to the youtube tutorials, and insisting that customers watch it for safety reasons? I’m not sure if that would be too forward.

1 Like

Fuck videos.

Hypertext are the best instructions.

Videos suck asshole.

I hate sitting there all day waiting. On hypertext, I can scroll quickly and easily, and that is the shit. I can also do things like Ctrl+F find text and search engines can index things and cross-link them. I also don’t have to sit through another “subscribe now” puke session.

this is only an opinion, obviously

8 Likes

100% this, i rely on the search function too much that i can’t live without it.
maybe a pop up thingy with warning and safety stuff is also good for getting people’s attention

4 Likes

Your sexual preferences are your own, I’m open minded :crazy_face:, but videos are much more popular for most people. The printed word hurts the brains of many.

I agree with you though.

11 Likes

I think he’s partly ranting about having to watch a 25 minute video about a problem that can be explained in 30 seconds.
Also, fuck youtube. It’s unusable without abdlock AND sponsorblock. Also props to that good guy in the comments for “video starts at 7:43” that sometimes doesn’t get deleted by the author

3 Likes

…or found in hypertext in 3 seconds

Yeah, that, partially. Also other things.

2 Likes

this, times fifty

But then you still have to wait an eternity for an overexplanation about something you’re not even doing

2 Likes

At least you skipped 3 raid shadow legends ads with cliffhangers inbetween

3 Likes