Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

32T pulley only? Bigger does not fit?

1 Like

You need a much bigger battery parallel if you want good range, especially with Pn wheels. My MTB is near 35lbs because it’s a 10s10p battery set up. I get 35+ miles off of it at 38 battery amps and 57 amps to motors.

1 Like

All I had was the charge port and no charger so I didn’t know which one was which. But I got one of my friends with a lacroix to tell me

1 Like

Would a DIY battery that can be taken appart be a good solution for long term (if a smallpack in the big pack gets bad for example), modularity and possibly transportation?

Also If it has to be able to do ~400Amps continuous?

Possible, smart, usefull ?

Your best bet is a bunch of 99wh lipos

1 Like

Looking for a smallish vesc…Would be nice if its a v6 for the smoothness, else v4 is good too. Doesn’t really need to push a lot of amps (meepo 100mm hubs)

Primarily using 10s2p p42a.

Heastsink dimensions 95x70mm

probably maker-X?

(red is the heatsink)

1 Like

i need a 2.5 x 5.5 male to xt60 male in order to use for a charger
anyone in the uk got one or at least the 2.5 x 5.5 end
thanks

Man is the speed difference between 10s and 12s really that big?

10s i can only reach 42km/h, 12s does 55km/h (metr)

also, why does the vesc tool say top speed is 79km/h?

20 poles and DD (hub)

1 Like

What app is that?

vesc tool for android

2 Likes

Well you’re increasing voltage by ~20%, so in theory motor RPM and therefore speed should also increase by ~20%. There’s various factors that make it more or less than that, but that should be the ballpark increase.

2 Likes

cool that means i didn’t even need to buy new motors since I’ll be using them in 10s anyway.

well that sucks

2 Likes

Old unity update : 23.46 to 5.2, I’m having questions about “Battery Current Max” setting.
Motor wizard put the value to 99A.
My old config was 110A (12s12p sanyo ncr20700b) but vesc tool truncates the value every time to 100A max … why ? I tried halving the value since it looks like double VESC on CAN but I was lacking power.
Also, am I supposed to duplicate the values on each can esc ? I feel like I’m missing something

Yea sorry, it was also kind of windy so its hard to hear on video. Its definitely abnormal but I’ll try to get another video later today

I was trying to get decent range but since i’m going to college next year i want it to be light enough to carry around campus buildings, stores, dorms etc. Hopefully after college I’ll get into that size. Would you recommend a 10s4p or 8s5p for now?

If you can get a 12s3p battery samsung 40T (great for both power and range, especially for hill areas above 20% grades) or 30Q (for power and a decent range), then I would recommend that. If not, 10s4p 30Q will work nicely. Their size are quite similar to each other and is very light compared to my battery.

Edited after knowing 35E cells are bad.

1 Like

Hello. To answer you:

That battery can output 180Amps of power, but you cannot put each Canbus that high. For battery max, it should be half of each esc, which is 88amps or near 90 (to keep it from over heating). Also, you have to reconfigure your motors so it so it can use the power given. If your motors can take 90Amps or whatever value given, you’re good with that. I’m not 100% sure though since there are many other factors that can limit your power like BMS, overheating by overcurrent, etc.

I believe single mcu controllers under vesc have some values shared. That means that probably the maximum total power it can take is 50A/side now. No big loss tbh, increase the motor amps to actually feel some power

From reading as far as i can see in this thread, i firstly do not recommend pneumatics, first because of the power consumption AND requirements, second because pneumatics are anything but light and portable in general.
The bare minimum for pneumatics would be 10s3p or 12s3p of 40T or p42a cells. They have great discharge characteristics and take less overall area than a similar spec 18650 pack

@Leon please do not recommend 35E cells to even your worst enemy. They sag terribly and age much, much faster than the normal discharge cells we use in esk8.

2 Likes

Yes, 35E cells have no place in esk8, despite what Evolve says.

They work great in flashlights, though.

2 Likes