Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

wicked, cheers mate. i may drop you a DM if i dont hear in a week or so ;-D

2 Likes

Ali said its in my country so I should be able to let you know soon!

2 Likes

oh cool! … just in the early plannig stages, but battery/enclosure/deck ive learnt the hard way are the first things to sort

3 Likes

I Ordered some XT60 connectors, but accidentaly ordered ones that have cables in them. I wanted to use them for the connection from esc to motor (also should have gotten coonnectors with 3 cable inputs instead of 2 lol)

Should i remove the cables attached in those connectors or should i just solder my cables onto those cables? And how could i remove those cables?

1 Like

cut the heatstrink off and desolder the cable from the connector

4 Likes

I’d probably just get new connectors and save these for future uses. Gonna be weird using 3 XT60s for two motors, and you’ll always find a use for XT60s. Get MR60s or MT60s instead without pigtails.

3 Likes

For what can I use them ?

Another question, how can I connect the motor with the ESC and battery for testing, would it be possible to solder them together or would I damage parts that way?

1 Like

I mean just for testing when I have no connectors at home

@Kev I have done this before and DO NOT recommend it.

:arrow_up: this

1 Like

You can use them really anywhere you want to split a power cable. That can be battery leads, power supply units, or even a small loopkey. I bought a pack of five for a Nerf blaster thinking I’d only ever use one, well a year later they’re all gone for various things.

I guess you could solder them, but I wouldn’t really recommend it, especially on the battery side. I really don’t like working on a live powered system, and I’m not sure how the antispark would function.

1 Like

Hi!
I’ve been trying to read a bit about gearing ratio, but can’t figure out if 44 T wheel pulley is too big for 97 mm wheels? 15 t motor pulley, so that’s a 2.93:1 gear ratio. The reason why I’m considering 44 T is because of limited top speed in my build (20 kmph/12,5 mph) due to local restrictions, so I was thinking since I have to have such low speed I might as well max out on the torque. I’m looking at the dicky ho wheel pulleys, so 40 T and 36 T is also an option. Motors are dual 149 kV, battery is 10s2p. I’m looking for the highest torque I can get without any negative effects. Cheers!

1 Like

how much ground clearance do u need? htd5m 44t pulley is close to 70mm (68.89mm), that’s excluding the flange, which may add 1 or 2mm depend on design, that leaves u with about 12.5mm clearance…it can work, but depends on u

i think my maths is correct, but someone please double check those numbers :joy:

2 Likes

That’s a good question that I didn’t thought of actually! What do you usually need for street riding, between average and poor street quality? How big are 40 T and 36 T in comparison?

your numbers seems right to me by the way :+1:

How poor are we talking about? If u have a pic of ur usual route maybe?

40T is 62.52mm w/o flange
36T is 56.15mm w/o flange

Here are some pics from google maps:

Skjermbilde 2021-02-06 kl. 03.14.51

So not super poor, however I feel like the asphalt is a bit rougher here (scandinavia) than in the US, this is just solely based on personal observations though, I don’t know if that’s actually the case

3 Likes

Those are pretty good road, assuming u ride on the road not pavement, then I’d say 44T is the max u can go, if u don’t wanna take risk, 42T should be on the safe side

5 Likes

I’ll be riding mostly on the road/ bike lane, but sometimes at the pavement as well.
Thank you so much for the help!

1 Like

This is super stupid and unreasonable, and I doubt I’ll get an answer for this, but is there any way of mounting a small and the light enclosure without drilling holes in the deck? Long story but I have a deck that I really don’t want to ruin by drilling holes.

3M dual lock, extreme amount of it might work, but under sustained vibration? who knows

1 Like

yeah lost cause, especially since the deck is slightly flexable