Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

temp is usually white. You can check resistance value on it to see if it matches up with a typical thermistor value. The other 3 are usually yellow blue and green.

2 Likes

Weird that I always find answers to others questions easily while I suck at my easy dumb questions

Of course, check twice and be cautious, but this should be the pinout.
5 wire sensors just don’t have a temp sensor, but yours is most likely a 6 pin

The color scheme should be matching.
The only important thing is VCC and GND aka red and black

Phase wires aka yellow blue green are not important in particular order as they’ll get detected by software anyway

Temp should be white in most cases or just the leftover cable

1 Like

He still can’t find the search function.

@Halbj613 It’s the weird Q shaped thingy next to your profile pic.

8 Likes

Yeah but it’s not standard colours
Couldn’t find how to find temp sensor
Thnaks though

Wtf…
Just post a Pic of your sensor and we’ll get you sorted out lol

1 Like
  • Grab a multimeter
  • Measure resistance between the ground (black) wire, and any of the other four unknown wires while providing 5v between red and black.
  • The hall sensors should read either open, or 0 resistance, and will flip back and forth while you spin the motor.
  • The temperature sensor should read like a resistor, probably somewhere around 10K ohms.
6 Likes

And… Is “usually” located directly adjacent to the 5v pin

2 Likes

Where can you get these template diy deck wooden pieces with that 35 degree that you can cut with a jigsaw just how you want them to be?

Here’s an image because my description sucks

1 Like

Im currently installing my TB 110 longboard wheels onto the TB 218 trucks. The front wheels seem to slide horizontally along the axle since the axle is longer than the width of the wheel. Is this supposed to be like this or are the wheels supposed to be fixed in place on the axle?

1 Like

They are supposed to be fixed in place. If the wheels have their bearings in place, then it sounds like you need some spacers. Someone, maybe @torqueboards can recommend a suitable one.

1 Like

Unity fw 5.1 10s5p (LG MH-1) 50A discharge BMS. riding hard for about a mile, my board powers off. the only way I could get it to power back on was to power cycle the switch on the battery. happened a few more times on the way home. the last stretch I took it really slow like 2-5 mph and made it home without power off. battery was at about 36V. My cutoff start is set to 36V end is set to 32V. what could be causing this.

Total trip was about 8 miles.

All you need is a few of these.

1 Like

Yes, but 80% of top speed takes far, far, far less current/wattage

It’s not efficient to run at top speed for extended periods

Even 95% of top speed helps a lot more than full top speed

4 Likes

well before I drop a brutal fukin 1300 cad on a new drive train is thier anyone that can program my bored and fix the wieres for me, shoot a price and we can go from thier

what a compleat and udder fukin joke, skate board was meant for me to save money so my house next year not fukin buy the bored a second time 4.5k in total and thats like fukin 10% of my net , unbelievable …

No chance you went over 50A discharge? I’d throw this over in the “vesc FW 5.0 beta testers wanted” thread

1 Like

thx, I could have… I was riding hard and fast. I have my battery set to 45V max.

Bro, this is going to be an expensive hobby. Come to terms with it or move on.

It’s very hard to understand what you are writing and it doesn’t seem like you have been following the advice that’s been given. I’m not even sure where your road block is right now. Your posts are frenetic with garbage grammar and chat-esque. You are asking for help from smart dudes and they need coherent responses from you.

My suggestion is to slow down and make more thoughtful posts when you do post. You need to think like a scientist or engineer, not I know you’re frustrated and just want to ride. It’s unfortunate that you got wrapped up in bad parts, but sometimes you have to just dust off and start again. However, $1300 CAD seems awfully high to get you back on the road.

Can you start with pics of the wiring issues? It will be a lot easier to have someone help you if they can look at pictures of your issue. The recommendations that have been given aren’t going to get any better, but it looks like you just ignore a lot of the help that has been offered. Take screenshots of your settings as well. I’m not the guy to ultimately help you but I want you to succeed. Your posts and lack of follow up on the advice is off putting to those that are helping you. I’ve already tried to tell you this advice and I’m checking out at this point.

4 Likes

I note that you edited your post instead of double posting. thanks. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello all!
I just started the DIY onewheel build. How/Where should I start with getting front/back lights working. Have not chosen an esc yet but either the balance pro or focer 2. Thanks!

2 Likes

$1300 is enough to buy two full skateboards’ worth of drivetrain components, and still have a week’s worth of expensive dinners left over.

Holy shit dude, you’ve been swindled so fucking hard. My entire electric BIKE built from scratch cost only $2500 or so, and each of my (large and serious) esk8 builds were sub-$2000, including pneumatic wheels and dual vesc6 on the big one. The fact that you paid even a third of that for a Raptor 2 is mind boggling.

3 Likes