Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

oh i thought some of the ones on aliexpress could be compatible with ez knife
guess im gonna be spending lots of monies

also @b264 brass or steel?

Stainless is more betterer, but also more expensiver.

Up to you to decide if you need the more betterer ones.

3 Likes

how will i know if i need the more bettterer ones?

If the less betterer ones fail.

2 Likes

fair nough

will see if i have enough monies for ez knife inserts as enough for my deck is gonna cost £60
on the other hand i did just spend £400 on a deck and enclosure so not that much

Crickets…

3 Likes

As long as they’re not crotch crickets, I’m fine with it.

3 Likes

I used brass. I don’t like stainless threads and bolts. But IDK

2 Likes

SG$ 5.36 | 20pcs 10pcs m2 m2.5 m3 m4 m5 m6 m8 stainless steel self tapping thread insert

These work great and are easy to install.

3 Likes

Just so it’s on the record, I feel like those are made for metal. But either way, I’ve had bad luck with them.

The E-Z Knife ones are the bee’s knees.

1 Like

Noted, but have found the opposite to be true.

3 Likes

you couldnt by any chance order some and send with my package? (i will pay obv) just here they are literally double as expensive as in the USA?

will take this to the pm

Why not the corners?

I just feel like it’s better not to concentrate the stress in one spot. I might be wrong, IDK

1 Like

Help. My smart bms bluetooth is no longer being detected.
I tried unplugging charger and balance leads to force a reboot, no luck. It does charge just fine though.
Any ideas?

I continued diagnosing the problems of my MakerX DV6. I also DMed @ YUTW123.

If I reinstall the bootloader and the firmware, the ESC works fine… Until I plug anything into the UART port. Once I plug anything into it, I think the firmware corrupts. Basically motor detection shits itself, throwing errors. Also the remote cannot spin the wheels - the signal gets to the ESC, but I think the motor values corrupt, the motor is making strange noises and ocassionally turns a little bit, it’s not turning like it should. Even removing whatever is plugged in from the UART port doesn’t solve the issue… To temporarily solve it, I have to reinstall the bootloader and FW. But plugging something into the UART port always corrupts it again.

Any clue on what’s going on? Should I try a clean bootloader and FW install with an ST link?

1 Like

That’s pretty weird. Are you sure your tx rx on you uart device are plugged in the right way?

1 Like

Yes, I am sure.

1 Like

Who knows, I had weird issues on my friends when I set it up, but fixed it by swapping tx and rx on the remote receiver. I’m assuming you also tried both UART ports

1 Like