Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

$145 with shipping and fees?

thats fair

If I go through with this, it will be a few weeks before I actually go through and pay you because I don’t want all the money leaving my bank account at once xd

also I don’t want to sit with parts while waiting for china

Vesc 6 tends to have way better control of the acceleration, making the whole experience smooth especially in foc. But of course, a shit v6 is still shittier than a good v4 like xenith/unity stuff. Maker-x dv-6 may be what you want. I also have both a vx1 and a vx2 gathering dust if you’re interested

Looks really good, although i have to recommend you drop-through. A hummie in drop-through is like a magic carpet, just don’t even think about going over speed bumps until you get pneumatics lol

If you would like to sell me a v4 compatable controller i’d be happy to buy it from you instead of china. This is the ESC i’m going with

1 Like

I don’t have any spare controllers i’m afraid. Paid for trampa vescs and 5000~5500km later i’m super happy.
I did start with exactly that dv-4 controller though, it’s the best for the price and from a reliable seller.

I recommend starting a buying thread with everything you need. There may be other people selling exactly what you want and often unused, some living close to each other so combined shipping is possible.
Pinging @Anubis in case he has anything you like

1 Like

Thanks for the advice, I will make a buy thread with everything that I’m looking for. I’d rather buy used anyway as id prefer it come from the USA instead of overseas considering the current shipping situation.

2 Likes

Cheers bro, I’m happy as is on this one. Small wheels, it goes pretty good. Drop through on the next build :wink:

Also got some other wires and stuff routed through the dropout so doesn’t really work here.

5 Likes

wish i had the tools to cut through metal so I can have my xt90 easily accessable

Drill bit and file.

And elbow grease.

5 Likes

yeah dont even have a file :frowning:

Hey, that’s a a secret! :joy:

2 Likes

The elbow grease is the secret ingredient. The drill bit and file alone aren’t very useful. When you grease them, shit starts happening

2 Likes

I think a lot of folks here find the forum without even being aware/checking out the awesome articles here. These should be required reading, as far as I am concerned.

Not exactly up to date, for most of them. But nearly all the info has no shelf life, and is just as applicable now as it was then.

edit: ignore all the product recommendations over 6ish months old. For up to date product info you gotta be here on the forum actively looking. Other than that, all that info is gold.

2 Likes

Alright, my buddy and I finally got done building my first DIY board from scratch. I’ve been tooling around with the VESC Tool on Android, but wanted to get advice from you guys on what to set everything to.

My Boards Specs:
Landyachtz 40 Evo
12S4P Molicel P42A Pack w/ Daly 12S BMS.
Stormcore 60D
Torqueboards 60kv Direct Drives
Torqueboards 110’s

So, any recommendations on what I should have everything set to in the app based on my build?

Thanks again in advance!

batt 60/-40 (start from that and see how u like it)
motor 40/-40 (u can tune the neg number if u need stronger / weaker brake)

this is per side value.

2 Likes

I agree, but I would flip these numbers around. So 40/-40 for batt, and 60/-40 for motor.

Technically speaking there is no point in having a batt value higher than your motor value, as the motor value will be the limit there. You want the motor value higher than the batt value so you can take advantage of higher amps at lower volts.

6 Likes

is @Psychotiller shipping stuff from his store atm?
if i buy something from him will i actually get it