Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

The outlook on my wallet isn’t amazing…

:dizzy_face:

I mean as things go it’s not awful…

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

It’s $260 less out of pocket because the insurance I had on my old drivetrain covered it getting run over by a car :o

Yikes I’m sorry you had to go through that

no big deal I bought a new deck and its been working fine for a month and a half now. left hub is damaged but the silver lining is that I keep partially functional hub motors and get a second chance to make a good decision lmao.

Hubs are good for light low profile boards, but they definitely hurt for power and ride quality

I also need an anti-spark power switch for this sigh

The last thing I have to probe you about is a pair of enclosures for a flexible deck. Battery is larger than the standard 120x160x40 (its 140x160x40 with an external BMS)

At the same time, I can always 3d print this, but I would want to 3d model it and that could end up being a trainwreck.

The simplest, easiest, cheapest, most robust solution is to use an XT-90S loop key.

Unless you have a specific reason to use anything else, I suggest just going with that.

3 Likes

I can sell you a loop key if you get the motors from me, easy setup as long as I have lengths to work from

I’m a big fan of the Meepo V3 enclosures, I can also help you CAD something to print but prints are weak

1 Like

Or these ones from dicky

I’m deciding between a loop key or an actual switch, but that battery enclosure is too small but that controller case looks okay. I’m more concerned about finding a battery case.

this

3 Likes

You can cut out the walls inside this and it should work, or you can try and sell your current one and I can hook you up with something to a given size

Not giving you another loan.

2 Likes

But this is the cheapest you can probably get an antispark for, I’m not sure how long this lasts but if you only have dual 5065 you won’t be drawing much power

These are decent for sure.

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

It’s the most reliable thing we have to offer

1 Like