Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Oh I see what your saying. The TB6 is the first upgrade I’ve done so far and its being delivered today, but before I had a 4.12 esc. I will look into getting a bigger motor when I have the money lol

2 Likes

Some motors come with 1.5mm pitch JST connectors, so you may still need an adapter. Nearly every VESC based ESC uses 2.0mm pitch JST PH connectors, TB6 included. Most of our motors use that as well, so if you needed an adapter on your maytech 4.2 ESC, then you are probably going to need the same adapter on the TB6.

2 Likes

Then it looks like I’ll be running bldc unsensored until I get an adapter

And im here looking at my tbdd sensor cable, jst ph 1.5 :man_facepalming:t2: why dex

2 Likes

Give HFI a try, it might work like a treat, but it might not, it all depends on if the motor like it or not. If it works, then u have no cog 0 speed startup without using sensor :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Yeah HFI is really super awesome if you get it tuned right and if you have a bit of luck.

4 Likes

Kinda of a gamble isn’t it😂 I’ll look into it, thanks

A gamble that u don’t lose anything if it fails, worth a try imo

2 Likes

I’ve got a set of TB DD’s with one motor not showing sensor results on my unity at 12s with the latest FW.

I’ve confirmed the connection, what’s the next troubleshooting steps?

EDIT: I got the sensors to show up by running calibration like 5 more times. Now the motor has a very odd startup behavior with tiny inputs. Remind me to never build someone else a board again.

Edit2:

Weird detail, on the direction screen, testing doesn’t have the motor spin, just makes angry motor noises

what are these holes in my ESC good for? - im guessing to reset something?

can i cover them up to avoid unwanted stuff getting to the PCB?

Looks like status lights. Cover with tape

2 Likes

:+1: thanks

You’ve probably already thought of this but have you connected to another ESC to make sure the Unity isn’t the problem?

That’s the one thing I haven’t tried yet because I would have to disassemble one of my other boards. I guess it could be a bad unity considering that it is a blood one

Is it OK to use M5 bolts instead of 10-32 (3/16") to mount trucks?

1 Like

That’s what I do. Never had a problem

1 Like

What length (depending on risers)?

I usually go long and then chop off the extra with my dremel. That way its always the perfect length.

3 Likes

Smart!

1 Like

Switch the sides. Connect left motor to right side of ESC and right motor to left side of ESC.

Take note if the problem does — or does not — switch sides.

1 Like