Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Lifepo or lion?

li-ion

1 Like

is there a technical drawing of the hummie (i.e with measurements, angles, etc)? and if there isn’t, whos’s the guy that makes them, is it @hummieee by any chance?

Theoretically yes, but that’s a precursor to a lot of potential bad-day scenarios.

2 Likes

Can i use any fuse as long as it says 7.5amps?

I believe amps cause heat which breaks the thin piece of metal within the fuse so voltage should not be an issue (I think)
@b264?

1 Like

also how often would i have to replace them. im thinking of buying this

1 Like

hopefully never unless something goes wrong (and the fuse saves the other parts from damage)

Voltage would be a problem if it would be high enough to create an arc between the two sides of the fuse.
I think most fuses are fine for out application voltage wise. But before buying anything, lets wait for someone with more experience :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i mean its only 3 bucks ill order it now and if its not what i need i can order that later.

im running 8s btw

1 Like

anyone know what i should use to power my ts100

all the chargers in my house which are 5.5x2.1 are either to little power or my skateboard charger which is to much

get a 24v 3A or 4A power supply with a DC5525 tip
(the ts100 can take anything between 12V - 24V iirc)

1 Like

K thanks will look on amazon

Is 24v x 3w to much?

3W or 3A?
24V x 125mA = 3W, not gonna cut it
24V x 3A = 72W, this will do nicely

Also it depends if the rating is for the input side or the output side of the transformer

1 Like

72w 3a

K as they say 65w max

The load (TS100) will pull current from the supply (wall wart)
The rating on the supply is how much it can handle

The supply does not push current, it supplies current based on how much the load is requesting (up to the rated max of the supply).

Same thing with our boards, you can have a battery rated for 400A continuous draw, this doesn’t mean it will be pushing 400A all the time

1 Like

Ah thanks a lot
So a to powerful thing won’t matter as long as the voltage is between 12 and 24v

should be fine, you can most likely use an old laptop power supply (usually around 18-19V) or something similar, just need to swap the plug for a dc5525 one

1 Like

your ts100 usually comes with a power supply