Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

This makes me feel a little better after mocking up my build…

5 Likes

I may be wrong, but my understanding of the turning geometry of skateboard trucks is that your center of gravity is measured from the truck, since that is where the turning happens, not the ground.

So adding risers or top mounting your trucks changes your center of gravity, since you are increasing how far you are from the truck, but changing wheel sizes doesnt matter since you are not changing how far away from the truck you are.

This is the only case I can see where using bigger wheels would change your center of gravity.

That said, i still stand by my anecdotal experience that center of gravity doesnt matter as much as the rest of your truck setup (truck geometry, angles, bushings, etc)

4 Likes

That’s going to be an awesome skate!

What deck is that?

2 Likes

I hope so, trying to fine tune the last details(wheels,height/skin maybe).

Moonshine Sidekick

2 Likes

That’s what I thought, but the angle was really shallow, so I wasn’t sure

2 Likes

I hear vibration is mellowed a bit as well with urethane inlayed at the mounts.
I want do drop the tunnel risers, but then I have to drop the BN gears and move back to belts.

1 Like
  1. what type of cable can I use to extend the length of my phase-wires of my motors?
  2. when soldering my phase wires to my mr60 connector, how do I know which cable goes to which terminal? (there’s a choice of 3)
  1. personally I use either 12 or 14awg

it doesn’t matter, just make the connector neat and tidy, u can flip the motor rotation using vesc tool

1 Like

so any if the 3 cables can go in any of the three terminals? gonna be soldering them so any mistakes will be permanent!

1 Like

as long as all three goes into same connector, then u should be fine.

soldering isn’t permanent tho…

4 Likes

Lol, v true.

1 Like

what are the best hex keys you can get
heard some complaints against wera

What wera the complaints? :joy:

2 Likes

Seen a couple people saying the ends broke of and bondhurs is better?

@xsynatic I seem to remember you being one?

One of them was Al and definitely me. Although i broke the absolute smalles one on a grubscrew with loctite. All others so far are very good for me.

2 Likes

Ah ok thanks

1 Like

Just make sure to not get the stainless steel variant.

other than that I’m very happy with them as they also only cost 24ish euro

2 Likes

Same
Iam happy with my Wera set too
And the good thing is - you can buy every single replacement key separately (costs something like 3-4 Euro each)

I have this little set with me each time I ride, so I’ve bought one additional key :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What variant do you get?

i have the hex plus blacklaser. You could get the HF variant with a screwholder on the keys

2 Likes