Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Do you wanna sacrifice voltage or amps of your battery by running dual vesc?

This is a series setup, like you would use it for a loopkey. But i don’t see why you would cut your voltage…
Even if you have 12S that gives you 6S only on your VESCs.
I would have guessed you want parallel to Share the amps across the VESCs?

1 Like

No the plan is to keep 12s

I’m just wiring up 2 vescs to one battery for dual vesc usage.

this is the old connector used.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure you should use parallel then…
Series will cut the voltage down in the circuit while having same amps at any point in the circuit.
Parallel will split the current at same voltage.

1 Like

Case closed, @Niklas you are right… just pmed @xsynatic and he stuffed up hahah

2 Likes

2 Likes

Damn fuck. It’s been so long that i had to solder something like that :sweat_smile: At least since i started building early 2019

4 Likes

battery to dual esc cable on left.

Edit: way slow while driving. Lol.

2 Likes

Physik LK for the win my friend.
Oh one more thing:
Dont trust those splitters Bill sent. Bought some and made sure they’re 12 Awg…
Of course got 14 Awg

Anyone using external heat sinks with a flat surface one side and fins on the other? I’m trying to find one that can be easily sourced without success… So has anyone been able to source/build some?

I’m posting this now in prevision of the upcoming stormcore that can interface with such heat sink.

2 Likes

I don’t know if this helps you, but I got these:

1 Like

Thanks for the tips. Ok so it will actually work but there is no individual cell monitoring between p-cells :thinking: just monitoring the group voltage as if each group is one single cell. But technically all should actually read the same voltage after balancing…

Trying to understand better why cells aren’t individually monitored.

That’s not going to work for that purpose

That will power one ESC from two batteries in series

5 Likes

I think i might order one then. My soldering sucks in soldering wires together.

3 Likes

Doesn’t look the prettiest, but those are electrically and mechanically sound welds

4 Likes

Are the Cloud Wheels Discovery any good, especially the new core design ? Will they fit dickyho’s bolt on pulleys?

1 Like

Sorry, forgot to answer you earlier on this. I can’t give the Discovery core a 100% thumbs up, but they’ve been solid so far and are legit performers.

If you show me a photo of the pulleys, I can answer definitively. My guess upfront is no.

1 Like

i’m not happy with this :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Did you first join the wires, then put the joint into the connector?

2 Likes

Yes. I put the wires together, tinned them so they are one piece and then tried pressing it in the connector

3 Likes