Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

50° baseplate, no chance of wheelbite

4 Likes

Most people refer to them as crossbars I’d say

2 Likes

Cross bars, torque bars, motor cage, not really a name it goes by. The average guy refers to them as motor protections

1 Like

I rather change my BMS than be stuck charging at 4A. I cannot stand slow charging.

You need more skates :crazy_face:

Then one can be fully charged when you get home on a dead one :crazy_face: And who cares how long they take to charge :sunglasses:

1 Like

True. I have two now. One is a race-style thane board (the topic of this discussion) and the other is a top mount AT build that charges at 10A. At 4A the thane build isnt very group ride friendly. Especially since more than 50% of the charge spots in NYC are shut off due to covid.

Also, the 4A doesn’t even belong to me lmao

1 Like

I have the same setup @Geo_Engineering_FTW

6" pnummies with no wheelbite, drop through mounted with BN 220 hangers. Since the TB are smaller, no problem there either.

If only my bergs tires didn’t wobble so much…

1 Like

My bergs seem to wobble a whole lot less than aliexpress 6x2’s to be honest. I’ll probably try to put a counterweight inside the tyre to match the valve and see what happens

Really? I’ve heard exactly the opposite.

My bergs actual tires just aren’t round all the way I don’t think

Did the wheel balancing with my TB pneumies and helped a ton with the wobbles from imbalance especially at higher speeds, it’s still got some imbalance but far less of an issue.

1 Like

Bergs are about half the weight from my hand-scale approximation, so even if technically they are more unbalanced, it’s not so bad they almost lift off the ground at speed, unlike aliexpress wheels…

Of course, they didn’t exactly look centered at the beginning, it took some inflation and adjustments to center the entire lip and break them in like that, but they’re really nice on the front now

Interesting, you’re like the first to say the bergs are more balanced than Clevers lol

I have bought bergs twice. Once was almost exactly a year ago, the other was this summer when timo was doing his moving sale.

The bergs I got last year were perfect. Totally round, never had a wobble or a flat or nothing.

The bergs I got this summer…

Not so much…

3 Likes

yeah I got mine this summer too. Planning to try switching to the clever tires

Do you know if the clever tires give worse wh/mi?

1 Like

Never used them, but I have to assume so. They have a larger diameter, wider contact patch, and higher weight. All of that is going to result in more rolling resistance.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s what I thought

I’m getting like 24wh/mi right now with the bergs. Guess we will see what happens haha

1 Like

Does anybody know if there are any wireless CAN options that would work for eskate applications?

Essentially I want to be able to plug one side into my Unity and the other into a Flexi BMS lite. BMS will be housed in my battery enclosure, which is separate from my ESC enclosure.

I saw a couple of options while looking on ifm for something else for work, but they’re very pricey:

No clue if you’ll find anything much cheaper tho

I fucced up, pls help

I stripped an insert on my hummie deck right alongside where the vescs sit. How do i fix the damn thing?

Before anyone suggests longer screws, it’s tried, 100% of the insert is stripped

1 Like

Get 'er out while doing the least amount of damage to the deck… Then fill it back in with your choice of wood fillter/bondo/spackle/putty/sawdust+woodglue and then redrill/reinsert.

4 Likes