Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

As long as I keep it within spec range, really good. But when I push it over what it was designed for like a moron, I get some sleepy timeouts on one side and some stuttering. Everything 40 and below is golden.

1 Like

Awsome good to know!! Might be nice to setup a thread with all the current available vescs alternatives and their safe operation range, if it does not exist yet :wink:

2 Likes

Which model is this?

1 Like

looks like this one

3 Likes

Correct.

2 Likes

I have one makerx and had some issues with newer fw, but on the weekend I found I had damaged a current sense resistor when I replaced the phase wires. This was likely the issue. So far it’s been rock solid it replaces a flipsky 4.20 that lasted a week. Then flipsky claimed the warranty was void as I had removed the shrink-wrap. Fuck you flipshite.

7 Likes

How far back does a double kingpin truck push the wheelbase compared to a standard caliber 2?

Are there more types of double kingpin out there? (I mean, not just clones of clones of one original)

Regarding stability, does it feel like a drop through?

Lastly, a dumb one most likely but can i put a caliber motor mount on it?

A Supercarve DKP adds about 2.25" wheelbase per truck than Caliber 2 RKP based on my rough approximation with eyeballing a tape measure.

I’m using FUB because traditionally, skate wheelbase is measured in inches, it’s the standard here. Metric is 57mm.

2 Likes

That’s what i was looking for tbh. ~6cm further out helps me lift my mounts a bit higher and avoid scraping the asphalt

I personally like DKP on front trucks, but I don’t really like them on rear trucks.

Your milage may vary. I wouldn’t exceed 25 - 28mph (40 - 45km/h) with DKP on rear trucks. You can easily get the speed wobbles. Of course, that’s plenty high enough for a reasonable top speed.

1 Like

What about the height difference? I can’t run drop through caliber because of ground clearance issues

57.5mm? who are you and what have you done with @b264 ?

2 Likes

Any kind soul that likes to keep noobs from busting their face up, please take a look here. Had a high speed cut out that I don’t understand.

4 Likes

I just sanded the bottom of my board and am preparing to spray paint it. I went to pick up some spray paint and I was wondering if this primer and spray paint 2 in 1 is good enough for painting. https://www.target.com/p/rust-oleum-12oz-2x-painter-39-s-touch-ultra-cover-gloss-spray-paint-deep-blue/-/A-75575313?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&fndsrc=tgtao&CPNG=PLA_Home%2BImprovement%2BShopping_Local&adgroup=SC_Home%2BImprovement&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=c&location=9004464&ds_rl=1246978&ds_rl=1247068&ds_rl=1248099&gclid=CjwKCAjw5vz2BRAtEiwAbcVIL48UeCHK_aCuCae-UniZMX_fV9rc3ujtPfw-GgmbAIF5oVSyFu8yaxoC75EQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Seems like the obvious solution is to return that vx2 while you still can

1 Like

Linux :+1:t6:

1 Like

What motor would they use for a single drive construction 8s1p or 2p from molicelp42a with a mini vesc 4.2 flipsky (weight 64kg) is for a board that will take me from my house to the bus (short distances) thinking In flipsky 6354 190kv 2450w

I wasn’t impressed with the braking ability of single 6355. While it will work just fine, I think single 6374 is better mostly for the better brakes. On the rear heelside.

ok so i think i will go for the 6374, i have another question in my mountain build i will go with a unity and buy a smart bms that comes with a btt module, but from what i understand unity already brings one, i could use the smart one bms for my other table or could unity not cover the function?
sorry if I can’t explain myself well it’s not my language

I second a 6374 or 6384.
Braking on one wheel is the downside.
15mm belt recommended too.
I have a single motor with a flipsky 6354 speed was good even with my 74kg, but braking was weak.

2 Likes