Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Socket cap (the top ones) screws and a washer also work, but they stick up more so they suck underfoot.

I’d recommend getting your fasteners from a fastener supply company anyway, they have far more options and higher strength ones available. I recommend class 10.9 or 12.9.

I wasn’t gonna drop a specific supplier because none of the ones I know are in germany or closeby, but Brian’s all up in my business about it so here. The closest I know if is accu.co.uk.

3 Likes

McMaster doesn’t show…shipping cost?

I apparently just placed an order of 10 circlips shipped to a gibberish address. Still no shipping cost.

They don’t. It’s annoying. It’s set up as a B2B but sell to consumers also.

In my experience the shipping cost has always been reasonable. But no, you cannot see it prior to committing to purchase.

The shipping is also lightning fast, at least to Missouri.

2 Likes

Bomb a steep long hill, shit your pants when you’re almost at the end of it, doing 70km/hr with no brakes. That’s how you pass max duty cycle.
If you accelerate using the throttle it may indeed start braking, but freerolling not so much

3 Likes

This is fairly common with industrial-supply companies. They calculate the shipping during shipping, and you only ever see it on the invoice.

The shipping isn’t the cheapest, but it is fast.

5 Likes

> adds screws for 5$
> shipping costs 35$ and take 3 months
:smiley:

I’ll bet you all the money in my wallet against all the money in your wallet that it takes significantly less than 3 months.

I’ve gotten things from them the next day, in a UPS second day box. It’s some kind of magic.

4 Likes

Well I am not in Germany but my last order yersterday has a $6.89 shipping cost which is less than most places for shipping to me.

who knows, prob not

Knowing this company, it will be there in six hours. LoL I exaggerate but probably not by much.

3 Likes

I’ve ordered stuff on a Tuesday and had it Wednesday morning, inside a 3 day UPS Ground box…

I agree with the magic bit

5 Likes

is it possible they have a moq of 100? Can’t add the amount of screws i want.

Edit: Only the black ones have a moq of 100

1 Like

Just make sure to pick the high tensile steel, not stainless.

They don’t have quite the range of selection that some others have, but they’re closer to you.
My other go-to supplier of all threaded things is boltdepot.com

2 Likes

:man_shrugging:t3:

boltdepot only ships within the US

3 Likes

Looks like you’re stuck with McMaster then. Or some others, you can google up fastener/bolt/screw suppliers for days until you find a good one.

I have used Fastenere before as well, if you need another to look at

One of the main problems is to find the right name.

The screws we’ve been talking about can be found as

Griffschraube
Linsenkopfschrauben
Knopfschraube

Everyone uses something different

1 Like

Actually these bolts are Fastenere 842176122885

If the sites have an english version, I’d use that. “button head” seems pretty universal around here.

1 Like

“dome head” lol :rofl:

We don’t have those here.

2 Likes

I found it easier to just search by DIN/ISO number on most online places.
M5 ISO7380FL works well for trucks unless you want to go with the “standard” imperial skate hardware.

1 Like