Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Stocking over vacuum also works, but not everyone has stocking lying around for that :rofl:

1 Like

Just use a small sock haha. or a condom with poked holes.
Disclaimer: don’t resuse that condom

4 Likes

another silleh noob question

The telemetry shown on the vesc app is only for one of the esc (the one its directly connected to) right?

and is there an odometer function anywhere in the software? I can’t seem to find any so im guessing it doesn’t exist with the normal bt module. but maybe with metr?

1 Like

Metr only works after it’s installed and successfully have record of data stream, it also doesn’t account for other factors, like hardware change (motor / wheels…etc) unless u manually update those in the setting, if u r trying to keep track of total distance travelled for certain hardware, it will be a guesstimate at best unless everything was put together same time and was never took apart.

1 Like

Hey guys I got my battery enclosure off my Chinese board to check if everything was clean and I found this kind of white-light blue dust all over the battery and the enclosure… is it a problem or should I clean it up? I just hope it’s not battery acid or shit like that

I recognize that this is a dumb noob question but that’s what I am.:upside_down_face:

1 Like

Looks a lot like road dust to me, the residue on the battery looks like muddy water that dried up.
Have you ridden the board or is this straight from the factory?

1 Like

OHHH @fessyfoo is ABSOLUTELY correct here

1 Like

No man I rode it 300km, this board took a storm too

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0814CNLHK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use these. they’re great for soldering too. Good for blind guys as myself =)

1 Like

I just use a jeweler’s loop if necessary, I have 14x and 20x
(the kind you hold with your eyebrow, not the folding ones)

But mostly nothing, those are useful for small surface mount stuff though

1 Like

Bullshit. Turn it inside out and satisfy your lady with no worries!

2 Likes

First page is only connected vesc
Second page is summed up numbers (but battery % is derived from voltage which is still only for the vesc connected. Same with distance and consumption for some reason… only raw numbers are actually summed up)

2 Likes

Where can i find a micro-usb male port that starts in the thinnest form factor wires possible? Thinnest, like, the kapton-coated wires you see in a phone kind of thing, or at worst those awm type cables that were used in old computers

something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/Short-Ribbon-degree-standard-charging/dp/B07D1LGR7G/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Micro+USB+Thin+Ribbon&qid=1600467510&s=electronics&sr=1-1

1 Like

On a wireless Qi charging adapter that you can use to add Qi to a device that doesn’t support it already.

https://www.amazon.com/Receiver-J7-S5-A9-Note-V10-Stylo-Ultra-Thin-Compatible/dp/B089YT2HX7/ref=sr_1_1_sspa

2 Likes

Holy shit yes.
Although i bet it can be done in only 2 wires, for charging only.
I want to permanently plug 4 shredlights to charge on-board to a 60v-5v converter and pot some silicone over the smallest micro usb ports in existence

3 Likes

I think it would be pretty hard to scratch up those wires to extend them almost 1m, plus that i’m paying for what i have no intention of using

1 Like

im gonna look for a smaller size to make my puck be able to charge wirelessly :eyes:

2 Likes

Today I went to ride my mtb to a dirt road and passed through some puddles (I did not realize that I had forgotten to seal the unit box 100%) until I heard a noise and decided to cut off the power with the spark key and returned to house to assess the damage, I checked and the box of the unit was not very wet but if I manage to get some water, it probably sounds very silly but should I put it in rice like when a cell phone falls? what should I do? If there is an answer that is not buy another vesc, it would be great

according to me I only enter a little water to those ports

2 Likes

not sure if those ribbon cable offer only 2 wires version, the minimum i’ve seen are like 6 wires and up. since they are pretty thin and flat, i think only 2 wires would break easily?

I guess u can get those 6 wires and cut them to 2 wires, but u will need steady hands :joy:

1 Like