Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I have a drop through hummie too with a similar bushing setup, after getting wobbles with the default venom cones and stuff I took a spill

Now when I go over things that cause the deck to shake I keep thinking its speed wobbles but I think I’m making it up so I usually check and it’s fine. Still working up to going fast again though

1 Like

When I start my mtb the motors kind of lock up and I have to help it by jumping and swinging forward (they are sk3 192kv motors), also like they are a little out of date, when they are in the air they both rotate the same but when I am on top they do not rotate same. I weight 68 kg
that’s normal?

having a moment with vesc tool

VX1, flipsky dual 6.6, Tb6355s
Setup, detection etc all went great whether plugged in individually or accessing the other side via can
I can slowly move and invert motor direction in the vesc settings
Applied, unplug, reboot. Only master side wheel has power. Slave is doing nothing

App settings general
PPM and UART
Permanent UART true
CAN mode VESC
UAVCAN ESC index 0

Have had this before and don’t remember what I was overlooking. There is no physical can cable for this esc

PPM - multiple VESCs over CAN is set to true

If i go into the APP setup wizard, it says one of the vescs has old firmware when I try to scan the can bus (even though the can vesc is already found and modifiable and moveable via can before starting)

EDIT – Got it… Can status message mode. Set it to 1_2_3

2 Likes

Yeah this can cause no brakes when exceeding that erpm. Happens to me all the time, mostly in reverse.

2 Likes

So is it because you have reverse?

I use basically 2 sets of bushings from evolve’s store, they’re made for the dkp trucks but handle just fine.
Rear is yellow deck side (92), purple street side (90)
Front is full purple
Not a single speed wobble ever, and my board maxes out at over 50km/hr every morning.
I do believe that top mount was a bit… sketcy, but still never threw me off

The only thing i don’t like, if i find a road with waves in it in just the right places to resonate with my deck’s flex, it will swing me up and down until i almost fly off it and need to slow down/swerve
I think higher weight will make this flexy “feature” even worse

2 Likes

No, it’s because I set a minimum erpm. It won’t accelerate past it. But there are also no brakes while it’s exceeded.

1 Like

How much do you weigh when you ride/what angle trucks do you have?

1 Like

50/50
80-85kg, 90 with backpack

Probably important to note that the back drivetrain with dual 6374 and pneumatics is close to or over 4kg alone

1 Like

Yes I feel this too, weird resonance with the decks minimal flex. Throws off my mental game sometimes. Like I know it ain’t speed wobbles but it kind of feels like it.

I have a 12s7p in mine of 18650’s

all 87a Riptide bushings, Rear RS is canon, rear BS is chubby barrel, front RS is canon, front BS is fatcone

That wouldn’t make the deck flex more tho

Does anyone know what on earth can cause this crackling sound? I’ve tightened and loosened the axle nuts to no avail, and loosened the belt. I doubt it’s a motor sound, and I’ve never had this crackling sound before

Can’t watch the vid rn but I would bet it’s the bearings or wheels. Do you have spacers properly installed in your wheels

1 Like

Are you sure its not the wood you’re rolling on? Have you tried a different surface?

2 Likes

Afaik the bearings/spacers are in properly. Is there a wrong way to put them in?

@Minimadness It makes the same sound outside on asphalt and on tile unfortunately :confused:

1 Like

How tight are your belts would be my next question.

1 Like

Honestly I had a situation where one of my four spacers was shorter and made the bearings creak

I’m not saying it is that for sure I just wanted to check that you had spacers at all

1 Like

Hope this helps:
VID_20200917_180553|video
This is how tight they are after I loosened them. Did the test where you hold the motor and wheel and twist with no slippage?

Wow it really didn’t want to upload

1 Like

Ahh I see. I’ll try playing around with the spacers and see if anything changes

I’m using the spacers that came with my bearings and the BN spacer for their pulley. So uhh idk I’ll just keep fiddling with it

1 Like

Does the sound dissapear if you remove your belts?
I managed to download the video and look at it, might be a little too loose honestly.

1 Like

I’ll tighten those up then;

I fixed it, at least for now. I think it was a combination of my axle nuts being too tight and beings not being seated properly; after I gave the wheels a good push to seat the bearings along with tightening down the nuts a bunch (then backing them off) the sound disappeared :sleepy:

Thanks for all the help guys :slightly_smiling_face: I feel silly now

1 Like