Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

If you run those you might aswell just go hobbywing, less agressive and punchy but saves you sleepless nights and rides where you are afraid of cutouts.

If you’re using 10S or less, don’t need FOC mode, and don’t need more than about 15 - 20A continuous battery current, then 4.12 would work.

I would not expect to pay more than $75 USD for a 4.12 VESC

3 Likes

10s + foc + ~20A
I keep on searching. Thanks for the info!

4.12 will work on FOC mode but I don’t know how reliable it’s going to be. The lower you keep the power, the better it will work.

I’ve read about foc on vesc with 12s can be a hit or miss.
Personally I never had issues with 10s.

Do they blow up on foc because voltage spikes?

1 Like

Cheap FOCer 2 Groupbuy once the V1.0 HW is tested and put on github.
100$ for a pair of v6 hardware.

V4.xx hardware can be had for 55 excl. shipping from China.

1 Like

Damn this is interesting! Sure have a lot of reading to do now.
Thanks a lot!

1 Like

TB should be selling their new v6 esc now. I asked them a while ago and they said they send an invoice after you make the purchase (the price and the listing on their site doesn’t show the new vesc last time I checked) . Unfortunately they don’t seem to update their site very often (or at all?) so you might need to email them to check if they’re in stock.

1 Like

Dex is selling it if u email them about it, but technically its not officially released yet

2 Likes

Thank you guys and girls!
I’m going through the cheap focer threads now. It looks really promising tbh.
If I was in Us I would be all over Dexters stuff like a fat kid on cake

3 Likes

putting location in ur profile will also help other to recommend different vendor / hardware to u

1 Like

Will do. I’m not really a forum guy. Usually just do my shadowreading, but this forum has some great projects and vendors so I will fix it

Yes, country at a minimum. We don’t know if you’re in New York City or Concordia, Antarctica :crazy_face: and many answers to be offered highly depend on where you are.

1 Like

I can’t find any photo / video as setup trampa MonsterBox

As I understand it, it is fixed through the holes with bolts in the center across the board and separated by rubber bushings?

1 Like

Check this out, it should show you, otherwise shoot a message to @ApexBoards! :love_you_gesture:

:frowning_face: but he does not show how to attach to the deck

1 Like

@Lee_Wright @ducktaperules @BigBen

3 Likes

Correct. The 3 holes are, weirdly, 48mm apart. M6 countersunk bolts that go from the inside through the box, then a cone shaped truck bushing and into inserts in the deck.

2 Likes

Alright, anyone who knows about batteries, please explain to me why isn’t my battery charging?

I’ve checked my wires and see nothing that needs to be re-soldered… could it be the jst connector?

Besides the whole charging problem, there is two problems you need to tackle regardless.

1. Your charging port has bare metal connections, those need shrink wrap at minimum.
  2. Those packs need to be properly shrinkwrapped since some of them are damaged.

You can measure continuity on the jst connector with a multimeter, what BMS is in that pack so we can help you further?