Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Make sure everything is on the same wifi
2 Likes

Scroll to last screen and turn on TCP server

2 Likes

k nice thanks
hopefully he will chime in to help

jusst my carvons have aweful cogging on startup which i believe is a sensor issue so gotta ty hfi

That message only pops up after connected to Bluetooth so it appears to be getting a connection but not reading the firmware correctly. Can you re-upload the firmware from the firmware tab?

1 Like

I’ve got a couple Noob questions for the day. Let’s start with why does the vesc tool force Absolute Maximum Current to 160A instead of allowing a higher current value?

I’m looking for bergmeister tire options and opinions on them

bergs were fine for me, just wore out crazy fast. now on 6x2’s and the confidence is inspiring. the sidewall flex on the bergs was nice but a stiffer sidewall in nicer at speed. i do miss the carvey’ness to the profile of the berg, though.

I can’t understand him… He speeks in cheaplooking-Chinese-GUI
images

I love to see how they improved their GUI with a much better resolution and bigger size display. The use of colors is so natural and nice looking.

1 Like

I bought a new complete battery for my build. It has 2 xt60 connectors, but i only need to power 1 ESC. Can i just use 1 plug and leave the other connector alone, plugged into nothing?

I’m sure this is obvious, i just know nothing batteries.

1 Like

Nah couldn’t care about screen as I have a davega which I use

I only use the screen for remote battery life

Just love the feel

1 Like

Does it have only these two?
If so, one is for charging and one for discharging. You MUST leave the RIGHT ONE unconnected (the charging Xt60), you can’t use it for powering your board, only for charging it.

But I would be scared if someone uses the same port for discharge and charge… How are you supposed to know which ones which…?

1 Like

Can you share a photo?

2 Likes

Did you guys not recommend the SL200 Shredlights because they’re bad or because I said budget?
100€ for the kit is really high…
But if people here can confirm that they are good quality I might consider them!

are paris, randall, and caliber baseplates interchangeable?

Difference between enertion Focbox (the single one in black) and Flipsky 4.12 VESC?
Other than the quality/estimated lifetime.

Btw: can someone post a video of him turning his wheel by hand, so that I can see how hard the motor should make it slower over time?
I have two motors, one has the belt normally tight, the other is a bit loose.

But the loose one turns muuuuch longer when I give the wheel a little push, the wheel on the tight belt stops almost immadiately

shape/size: focbox is more compact. also, the battery and phase wires stick out at opposite ends, which makes. combined, it makes routing easier in my enclosure.

price: focbox is cheaper than the two flipsky’s you’ll inevitably have to buy

2 Likes

hard to find, but still cheaper than buying flipsky twice

4 Likes

Don’t forget about me boys. If it’s a stupid question just link me to what I need to read. If you lead me to the water, I’ll figure out how to drink it.

2 Likes

Their fine I own them I wouldn’t say their the best but their acceptable depending on your deck the mounts might not work

Only acceptable?
What on them is good/bad then?
100€ is really heavy^^
I expected they would be perfect…
What do you dislike?