Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I had a GT2B with an RC relay on the spare channel. Later I replaced the relay with a microcontroller, and I had high/low headlight, as well as tail light that brightened like a car’s when brakes were applied. Worked great.

1 Like

@tinp123 did you solve your power loss problem? (can’t find the thread)

1 Like

I believe it’s thermal throttling. Had similar behaviour 2 days ago on 5km long uphill road. I believe one esc (without telemetry) reaches high temp throttling sooner than another. I think I will have to get bigger heatsink

1 Like

Wiring a vx1 PPM Style (aka Boomer Style)

4 Likes

:joy:

You can get A123 cells and they are really good quality. @hummieee has some PCB 12s4p packs or I can make you one custom

1 Like

Good idea.
I’ve got battery I can sell u. Make u one of these flexible batteries. 12s3p w the a123

![image|281x499]

3 Likes

I suddenly can’t edit any of my replies. Is this by design, or is something borked?
Any ideas @b264

3 Likes

What threaded inserts should I use for a 7ply moderately flexy deck. Will be doing a split enclosure, and would prefer not to use epoxy or anything since I don’t have any

I don’t know. Lots of folks are reporting that. I’d ask the @moderators

1 Like

Just tested with one of my replies 3hrs ago, seem to be ok. will try to edit this reply again in a bit and see

14mins later, edited reply

1 Like

Testing. If this still says testing, I haven’t been able to edit it.

Edit - Success!

6 Likes

AFAIK, we haven’t made any changes to the implementation. Will dig a bit.

1 Like

Fixed. Sending you PM.

5 Likes

:+1:t4: :eyes: :bone:
and I didn’t even get an edit notification

damn

5 Likes

Is it complicated to replace phase wires that have been cut too short on a VESC?

Me think I’d just need to use a hot soldering iron to soften the solder and pull the old ones off.

Should I then try and clean all the solder from the pads and put new solder on, then solder the new câbles in place. Am I correct?

2 Likes

Meepo hubs are good if you’re okay with 60kv or 75kv. Maytech has a 90kv motor, but I’m not sure if you can switch the PU like on the meepo.

1 Like

As long as it’s not a very different type of solder just add as needed over.
Of course, if the wire goes in the pcb you need to empty that hole first, tin the cable (without letting solder wick too deep in) and do the deed.
Oh and turn that iron all the way up if it’s a low power one

2 Likes

Question for making enclosures: it feasible to thermoform ABS or Kydex with only a heat gun?

Yeah it’s not an impossible task but definitely harder than you’d expect. The ground plane on the board sucks up a TON of heat and makes cold solder joints very easy to achieve on the phase leads

4 Likes