Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Try small cobble after rain lol

Or if you carve on a boardwalk and hit sand (watched my friend do this)

4 Likes

There’s a specific type of asphalt all around my home, it’s basically 20mm mirror-polished stone held together by some tarmac underneath. Deadly at the slightest bit of rain.
I wasn’t even trying to brake anymore on thanes, i’d just fall and slide under a car going mush

3 Likes

Aight’
Bestech d596: what do you guys know about it?
Bluetooth? Usb programable? Any adjustable parameters at all?

Who’s the special that thought that’s a good idea?!

1 Like

Lovely enfield council.
Took 2 years to “improve” the main roads, put bike paths, that:
Half of them end in curbs not lowered
End in nowhere?? Then continue 50m later
Go through the boarding area on bus stops. All of the bus stops. (And let me tell you there’s a lot of them here)
Are full of parked cars. And where barriers are put against this, a car door opening blocks the entire bike lane. Nowhere to go.

Potentially this type of tarmac is more resistant to heavy traffic, but it produces the level of tire noise you see on a highway of course.
Decisions, decisions…

2 Likes

With LiFePO4 capacity is not your friend. Where are you located? I’m sure someone on this forum could custom build you a pack.

1 Like

Has anyone tried the meepo v3 90mm hubs and the maytech 90mm hubs
which is better?

Any recommendations on how to mount battery pack to deck, or should I just rely on the enclosure and add some padding around the battery?

Does anyone have a stormcore 100D pinout, Also I cant Find the second uart port @Deodand

Worked it out 5 pin Left hand side is SWD, and 4 pin on the other side is UART ( 5V only, no adc)

1 Like

I mean a well treated li-ion pack is relatively stable, but if you really want a LiFePO4 pack you will need around 30 cells so probably 12s3p or something of that nature. Are you looking for a builder or going to make it yourself?

1 Like

You want to strap the battery to the deck in most cases somehow ideally and then have an enclosure around it that makes it look pretty and keeps the funk out. Depends on the deck and battery how exactly you do it but some good thick duct tape can help hold it on as can the locking plastic Velcro strips but I’ve personally used some backpack straps and screws/nuts to hold my stuff onto the deck and then enclosure over or in the other case small enclosures on the batteries and straps around the outside (ugly but functional).

Anyone have a source for tubes that fit evolve 150mm or metroboard 155mm tires? do I have to pay $15.00 a tube to evolve for spares? is that the only source? torqueboards does have a 160mm but I have it and it’s hard to fit in the evolve tire. it’s also $15.00 per tube.

[ though I think we’re getting some in @Accrobrandon’s group buy. wonder if we should buy a bunch more 150mm/6" tubes. ]

relatedly. Anyone need some 6x2 tubes? the kind that don’t fit MBS/Trampa/… hubs. because they fit the smaller hubs? I have 6 of them. I thought I was buying spares from the slow boat.

1 Like

Ironically, going faster makes this a lot easier, if not more scary

7 Likes

when installing inserts for enclosure mounting, do you angle the drill along the contour of the board, or do you drill straight down, regardless of the contour of the deck and enclosure? Last time I did this I totally fucked it up

1 Like

You want to drill normal to the surface of the enclosure, otherwise the stress distribution is uneven and the washers will not sit right

4 Likes

Yes, I drill perpendicular to the deck surface like @ZachTetra mentioned

1 Like

Okay, I think i’m just going to use two velcro straps and then hold those down with a brackets, screws, and washers

Sounds good, yah the straps etc do most of the work of holding things down and then can rely on enclosure to just cover things and add a bit to the holding force but ideally don’t want all that stress from weight pulling on the enclosure or will rip it off through the screws/bolts.

1 Like

What are the options of controlling lights via remote these days? X makers didn’t do well, not aware of any other, I imagine the gt2 something is modable, bus only comes with trigger? Wich is un tolorable. The fuck such an easy thing is fairly hard to achieve…I just want a proper remote with a screen and a few extra buttons.

1 Like