Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

are you saying the white wire needs to be soldered on to the battery positive? because the white wire was already wired into the UART connector

I said this in the main post, but FW is 3.65 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That’s weird run same version on my direct drive board also with a fs 6.6 dual and 12s battery. Mine is working fine. Try swapping UART ports and running vesc setup wizard again on your laptop.

Hmm, I appreciate the help! I’ve tried both UART ports and same results unfortunately. The battery meter will display only on values under 12 cells.

And you have Cells = 12 when you run the wizard not just the default value.

srry m8 i dont get it is thier like a command promt to put that in or somthing ?

i’d be happy to help with step by step instructions for installing the no limits firmware variant on your esc’s, but i don’t know if you use windows, linux, or mac, i don’t know what esc’s you use, and i haven’t begun day-drinking

5 Likes

Correct I have those values in the tool setup as well. I can screenshot this when I get back home later today.

I do remember having that issue at first but sort of resolved itself, maybe takes a few cycles to calibrate. That battery metre is not super accurate I always check my metr pro or davega

I both admire your offer, and believe you will regret it.

5 Likes

i use windows

1 Like

he is real it seems

I concur.

4 Likes

Alright good to know, I will keep an eye on it. Metr pro is on order so should help out! Thanks

Best of luck mate please post some pictures of your build.

Don’t bet on it. Mine varies wildly with metr. I have smoothing turned up to 1.7 and still can’t trust it. I carry a voltage meter for when it gets on the low side.

My makerx esc is way better than my flipskys at measuring voltage. It’s only a guide I have a plug in too I carry with my kit.

1 Like

where can i buy maytech 6374 170kv with a 10mm shaft in europe?

2 Likes

While good with voltage, mine seem to be weird with wh consumption and distance travelled. One side always does at least 400-500m more than the other every 10km.