Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

The pins are also via damaging a via will stop it working it’s how the layers of the board talk to each other.

flush cuts… heat the pins and pull the bitches… I have the highest regard for someone with the ability to pull a whole row of dupont pins out…

I have as much time for that as @b264 and I do for facebook… I kin take out a 10 row of duponts in like 20 secs one at a time… heating the whole row… I’d make a @KaramQ mess of it…

2 Likes

That would work 400c of hot air on the bottom of the board then pull out.

What ever happened the ESCape ESC’s they were the the ducks nuts v6s where did they go. Are the Gerber files around?

1 Like

and then the plastic duponts melt…no thanks… some can do it… I cannot… I can SMD… but depinning a 8 dollar part with 20 pins is way below my pay grade

3 Likes

Or Just sidecut said pins.

1 Like

I think I said that

1 Like
1 Like

You did I just didn’t take my ritalin today.

1 Like

Thanks Bill I can’t believe I missed that article, back when Zack cared about us he’s changed.

3 Likes

Im not askeered of a hot-air station…

But there are easier ways… I saw @Scepterr thead and said damn… He make magic…

1 Like

I long for those misty, watercoloured days of yore.

2 Likes

Stop it I am getting sentermental my mammory glands are swelling.

1 Like

if you lactate…

post pix

1 Like

How do I post that to the creepy post thread… PP can you step up.

2 Likes

Working on my first build here and the VX2 remote is giving me issues with telemetry

• I have a flipsky Dual 6.6 (non plus) Running FW 3.65 in VESC tool.
  • 12S4P battery pack
  • VX2 connected via UART

For some reason, The battery indicator icon for the skateboard is blank if i set the ‘battery cells’ value on the VX2 to 12. If i set this value to anything under 12 it will display the battery level, but anything 12 or above it reverts back to blank (no bars) in this skateboard icon.

Any ideas here? Some settings in VESC tool i may be overlooking?

Had a similar set up recently. Went back to vx1, but batt meter was working fine. Didn’t change anything in vesc after initial set up with vx1. Only installed pcb, paired, and settings on vx2. All good from there but had another issue. Will be switching back to confirm the issue stayed with the vx2. I made a couple other changes so not 100% sure. I never got comfortable looking at the vx2 on the fly. If I’m stopping, I might as well check metr.

Is the white wire of the receiver connected to the esk8 battery positive?

Yeah reading all the issues posted to this forum has me wondering if i shouldn’t buy a VX1 as well :frowning:
@Movation - the white wire is connected via UART already - this is a VX2 pro by the way, not sure if that matters.

Its the vx1 with the battery monitor wire I just checked my parts box. Maybe firmware issue of your vesc what version are you running