Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I wish there is something like this here

2 Likes

I’m going for a mtb with belts, with 66/15 for the ratio, with no idler, the mount (uniboards trampa mount) has a distance of 86 to 103mm, what would be the ideal belt size for this setup ?
The different calculator like bbman doesn’t help that much as it doesnt have the right options

I feel like 405mm is a good size

Try this

4 Likes

Bumping this question - what firmware should I use on the Torque6 ESC? Can I just load the most recent option in the VESC tool? Has anyone tested fw 5.3?

Use FW 5.2, let more experienced people test 5.3 and find issues with it.

3 Likes

Amazing tool !! Thanks for sharing it !

Anyone know offhand the internal dimensions of boosted’s xr battery and esc enclosures?

Anyone know the current limits of the original Boundmotor VESC that isn’t sold anymore? Or which version of VESC it’s based on? Anyone have any info on it? I think it was called the X-Core (not pro)

according to a 4years old reddit post

Width: 7.6 in
Length: 11.4 in
Height: 2.3 in
Weight: 5 lbs

don’t quote me on that, i don’t know how accurate it is

2 Likes

Lol no worries I’m just curious how viable it would be to gut them and rez my boosted mini with major stat increases xD

1 Like

idk if this website has what u looking for, there are many info

1 Like

Cool cool thanks!
Idk if I’ll ever even do it, but I keep seeing my boosted mini deck on my porch and wanting to slap a 10s2p or whatever fits and a xenith in it after I get around to fritting it lol

1 Like

My noob coaches :muscle:
Where do you find enclosure rubber grommets for my starter and power holes? :sunglasses:

I bought an assortment on Amazon not too long ago.

1 Like

Thanks :pray: I’m going to my local hardware automotive shops first then if they don’t have what I want I’m going Amazon :pray:

1 Like

@Nacho Hardware stores charge a ridiculous amount for grommets. Trust me on this one and go with an Amazon assortment

3 Likes

An update to this. I submitted a warranty claim as directed, and got a reply <10 minutes later offering to ship a brand new set out.

Absolute top-tier customer service. You guys continue to kill it.

7 Likes

@xsynatic get on it

Can’t

Edit: can!

3 Likes

Is the max amperes shown in the FOC Wizard in the VESC tool the max amperes the motor can handle or what does it means?