Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

That sounds so annoying lol

I know @rafaelinmissouri has a cool towing setup on one of his boards

1 Like

I guess I don’t have to shop for a whole family, for my purposes I don’t mind making 2 grocery runs. It just means I get to ride more. I work as an electrical technician and I carry my entire toolset with my when I commute on a board daily.

For my circumstances, weather is the only thing that can stand between me and using my board for %90+ of my transportation needs.

1 Like

Yeah the way my schedule works out I gotta hit two stores within an hour on Sunday mornings, that’s just how it works. Wife comes with me, and there’s no time for two runs

Get the wife a board, with each of you carrying a 40L rucksack you should be able to carry the whole load.

what do you do with the kids?

Get them onewheels or razor scooters

She has one, and that is not going to happen lmao

My main limitation is the complex I live in opens to a 40mph road with no sidewalks, which opens to a 55mph main road with no sidewalks, which opens to a 70mph highway.

2 Likes

That sounds like some terrible neighborhood design, I’m sorry

1 Like

Mine is similar, and while I am willing to ride in the bike lanes, it’s a very busy street and can be dangerous

45 = 50-70mph here

I have a segregated bike path my whole commute, I guess I’m pretty lucky with that.

Lol those speeds I posted were just the speed limit, everyone goes 5-15 over since it’s so wide.

1 Like

Yah I’m always jealous of separated bike paths haha I’d say 80% of our roads are non segregated bike path, which is what I ride to work, 9.5 miles each way

There are some areas with segregated but definitely not as good as some places

1 Like

Right, so I am about to finish my very first board. I only need to hook up the motors and here’s the question:
I am using bullet connectors. Does it matter how I connect them?

The order doesn’t matter, just make sure that they are well insulated from one another

3 Likes

More specifically, once you connect all 6 pairs of bullets, wrap any exposed metal with kapton, heat shrink, or some other strong tape.

This is a big limitation. The good news is, it’s incentive to get the whole family skating as soon as possible/practical. I skate carrying my dog ALL THE TIME. Like, I did today already…

Have you seen my builds? If you make a huge mountainboard with a box on top, massive tires, and a ridiculous weight, yeah, this is probably going to be an issue. Because that doesn’t sound like it’s designed to solve those problems. But with these:

…not so much. They carry vertically with a handle on the nose. It’s not much of an issue to walk through a crowded mini mart carrying the board and your items you wish to purchase. It also fits very nicely on the bottom of a grocery cart.

I suppose I was dreaming the hundreds of times I’ve skated home with about 12 bags of groceries then, and skating to the hardware store all those times must have also been dreams… I should get myself checked out.

This is true, but it’s also related to the amount of effort put forth. Both in procuring or creating the best vehicle for the needs, and in how it’s used.

1 Like

When y’all paying $5/L for gas I’ll be laughing

$18.927/gal

:frowning:
I think I fried my BMS.
I plugged in the charger into the board, it sparked, connected it to the wall outlet and now it won’t charge.
Charger is an LED Driver with a wattmeter attached. Did some charging yesterday but didn’t want to leave it over night - it charged perfectly with 50.0V at 3.2A.

Any suggestions? I guess I’ll have to finde a new BMS, huh?