Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

If you want more all-terrain ability and acceleration and hill climbing ability, go for all 3. Just a single hub in the rear will give great speed but not as much power as a geared drivetrain.

I just bought this as spending 140€ (between taxes and shipping) in mbs F5 (without heel straps lmao) seems excessive to me atm.

Has anyone tried them? Are they too bad? I can cancel the order if you guys think they aren’t worth it. I spent 25€.

Hey guys,
I’m potentially replacing my maytech mountainboard deck (the SYL-08 one) with an MBS Colt 90. I’ve got the Flipsky offroad kit which has the wedge, just wanted to check whether I should be concerned by the 20degree tip angle on the colt 90 versus the 30degree angle on my old cheap deck given I’ll be using the wedge.

Flipsky kit for reference - 8'' Pneumatic All Terrain Tire Kit with 11'' truck and two battle hard – FLIPSKY

Colt 90 for reference - 10101 - MBS Colt 90 Mountainboard - Constellation — MBS.COM

Maytech deck for reference - https://maytech.cn/products/maytech-mtmeb01-chinese-maple-a-grade-deck-for-skateboard-mountainboard

Thanks

2 Likes

Basically the more angle your deck has, the more the board will turn, so by going down to 20degrees you will severely impact the boards ability to turn.

I dont know how many degrees those wedges add but i feel the ideal angle for your channel trucks are between 30-35 degrees

Thanks for the reply, I don’t know the exact angle of the riser wedge from Flipsky, but I would guess 15 degrees. So moving from 45 to 35 angle by switching deck, or if it’s 10 degree from 40 to 30. Either way would still be in your recommended range. I do get speed wobble on my old setup so maybe this would help?

1 Like

Is there any reason a new 12s charger would output 11v? I haven’t plugged it into a battery, so I have no idea if it will bump up it’s voltage then.

What charger? I’m leaning towards no since my YZ 12S charger measures 50.4V on the plug, but maybe yours has some sort of safety feature? I don’t know what though.

1 Like

Which charger is this?

There are chargers that don’t turn on their outputs until they sense a pack voltage in the right range. I don’t think they would output a low voltage while “listening” for a pack though.

My gut tells me that this 11V is a not good thing but I’ve seen so much weird nonsense with China electronics (making a Country of Origin assumption here) that I wouldn’t put it past a company to output 11V until it sensed a pack and current started flowing.

Bottom line…I have no idea if this 11V is an okay thing or not.

1 Like

Chargers are made by dodge and produced in Canada, actually. /S

1 Like

LOL…he’s here all week folks! :joy:

I take Saturdays off to pressure orthodox Jews into answering phones.

My LTT smart bms doesn’t detect it.

Between c- and positive there’s 11.3v, and it’s rising extremely slowly.

Edit: it got to 11.5v then went back down to 11.3v.

I’m using an xlr charging port and ground is not hooked up to anything. Could that cause it?

I’m not sure what you mean but you can’t measure a voltage unless you are measuring it between two connected points so the negative terminal must be connected to something, typically the charger’s negative terminal (which is often ground).

Diagrams might help.

Can you use a meter to CAREFULLY directly measure the voltage at the charger’s connector? Not at a port or the BMS, directly on the charger’s cable connector. Be very careful, depending on the type of connector there is a real danger of short-circuiting the charger. Might not do anything bad but to be avoided anyway.

I was using the labels from the bms wiring diagram. I measured between the bms’s charge negative terminal (c-) directly connected to the port, and the positive battery terminal. I also measured at the port while disconnected. Same 11.3v.

Let’s remove the chance for any weirdness or error…can you (carefully) directly measure the charger’s voltage at the connector on the end of its cable? Disconnect the charger from the board first.

Do not do this unless you are comfortable doing so and confident that you will not short-circuit anything.

Yeah, I already did that. It’s 11.3v at the xlr coming from the charger.

Never stick multimeter prongs in a chargeport. Just my $0.02

Unless it’s a holiday celebration.

I made a port adapter for my 10s charger.
So now I’m charging a 12s board on a 10s charger. How unsafe is this?

Do the multiple charge phases get messed up, or will it be fine since it won’t be anywhere near full.