Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I am not a fan of DKP. DKP set ups are only used because they allow for more deck compatibility and provide for some better carving.
My issue with them is how they are produced. Atleast to my knowledge there is no real “quality” dkp truck currently. All available options are cheap china cast trucks. Ive seen and heard to many stories of broken baseplates, bent axels, cracked bushing seats, etc… Depending on your application they may have their place. But for someone like me chasing that high speed, always ride like it’s a hillbomb mentality, these trucks should not be used.

These china trucks gonna get someone killed if they haven’t already.

1 Like

same question for the metroboard DKP

2 Likes

Au contraire!

6 Likes

@glyphiks good look, definitely going to read that over

@brown5tick :heart_eyes: thanks for the link. me wants.

Edit: I also scored 22 more p42a this morning so I’ll be going 12s5p of all new when I’m ready to build my pack

1 Like

Oh shit, yeah, Metroboard. I completely forgot about them :joy:

I’ll just try this out next time I’m over at their workshop.

Metroboard DKP trucks are CNC precision machined. Very high quality.

Also, I would like to say a big thanks to @Kai, @b264, and @ISOgone4good for reminding me why I dont come into this thread anymore :joy: sometimes I forget, but y’all are always quick to help me remember. :metal:

This is a joke, there’s no hard feelings.

6 Likes

I dont even work here.

4 Likes

ISO has left the chat

2 Likes

How about you stick to making batteries and I’ll handle the jokes buddy lol

3 Likes

Fine, twist my arm funny man

4 Likes

please do, i would like to use their awesome motor mount

1 Like

i tore a piece off my bluetooth module antenna trying to move it and it keeps dropping the signal between my esc and vesc tool. im hoping a new antenna would rectify the problem? would this be a suitable replacement? Im running a Maker-X DV-6 and Maker-X bluetooth module.
amazon link

1 Like

Yes, that should work.

Any linear polarized (dipole) antenna with an operating frequency around 2.4 GHz and the appropriate connector should be fine, since the range is so short relative to the transmitter power.

The simplest and cheapest way to make a working antenna is to just strip the outer sheath and conductor of the coax back so that 31.25mm of the inner conductor is bare. The bare conductor becomes your tuned element.

3 Likes

where did you get the number 31.25mm?

1 Like

that’s 1/4 the wavelength of a 2.4 GHz radio wave. It won’t be the end of the world if it’s off by a bit, but the closer the better.

There’s all kinds of math and antenna theory about how to make the best possible antenna given X constraints, but the above will work just fine in a pinch. I’ve used that exact method for things as diverse as my 3d printer, and my RC aircraft in the past with no problems.

2 Likes

Hi!
Not strictly e-sk8 reated, but skating in general (although I imagine the answer might be different when using motors rather than riding normally):

I have a landyachtz evo 40 and a pair of seismic trucks. One has a 30 degree baseplate angle, the other one 45.
The landyachtz evo deck is wedged at +15 degrees at the front and -15 degrees at the rear. So my question is: where do I ideally put which truck?

I am considering putting the 45 deg at the front, which would give me the Effekt of a 60 deg truck and would thus be very “turny”.
That means 30 deg at the rear, making it 15 deg effectively, so very stable and “leany” .
I imagine this could work quite well or is this going too far? I have zero experience with all this, so I can only speculate and extrapolate from what I read…
Thanks!

It could work, but 60 sounds like a lot up front. I’d do it the other way and have it end up being 45 and 30, which is much more reasonable yet still should be quite stable.

1 Like

Do you guys have an app that you use to view this forum on Android? I feel like there is a better way to view this forum than in the browser. Also I need dark mode lol.

on recent versions of android you can “install” the website as an app and have it always be in the mobile version. works pretty well.

That’s what I’ve been doing at the moment but it just feels strange.

it is strange but it’s the best option this forum has short of developing an app for both Android and iOS to keep both cults happy