Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Maybe this has been discussed elsewhere but I can’t find it.

But what does the davega offer over an old smart phone mounted to the front of the board running the vesc tool or some other monitoring app and Strava or relive?

As someone who uses the phone method, the Davega has some features that aren’t really implemented anywhere yet like customizable displays and BMS support. A wired connection is also much more reliable than a wireless BT connection, as I’ve gotten intermittent dropouts whenever I go jumping. Plus it’s a much more durable solution compared to any phone mounts, and likely a brighter and easier to read screen (although that depends on the phone you use).

1 Like

Can you solder well?

Yes… Why?

1 Like

PM me your address and I’ll send one. The only thing wrong is one of the wires came unsoldered off one of the switches or pcb. Honestly cant remember but I can check which it is tomorrow. Its practically brand new. It was bought from a member on here who bought it and never used it. I did the same thing and have no plans for it as I have a Robogothchi. It’s got the enclosure but it doesnt sit right on the screen. I was just going to print the right version enclosure if I did use it.

Better mounting

1 Like

Are dual vescs in general more powerful than 2x singles? I’m looking at makers Vesc and their dual is like 100a and their single only 50

most “dual” esc are just two esc slap together, either in same pcb or just mounted inside 1 housing, with the exception of OG unity / blood unity / xenith v1v2v2.1 / retarded tenka / stormcore 60d (+) / stormcore 100d (+)

makerx “dual” esc is 2 esc canbus internally linked.

2 Likes

So in that case it makes no sense to buy 2x single over their dual? In the hypothetical case 1 vesc would fail I mean.

depending on ur setup, using two singles may still make sense than a dual. also, the chance of one side fail on a dual and takes out the other side still exist :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

When would it be smart to use 2x singles?
I will be running dual 6374

What deck and enclosure are you using? What battery do you have/are you using? There is a certain order of operations and ESC choice is less important than some other things. What is your planned build so far?

I have an EOVAN deck + battery. It’s a 12s2p and I will be running it on 30a battery. Like I said dual 6374 flipsky motors belt-driven. Caliber baseplates with boardnamics hangers. Dickyho mounts. Remote maybe mini, gt2b or v1x.

2 Likes

30A total, or 30A per side?

If 30A total, then 6374 motors seem just a bit overkill - You’ll be hitting the battery current limit very early in the acceleration curve.

30A battery total. Thats what I ran on my previous board

Are you using 18650 or 21700 cells?

I don’t think the motors are overkill, but that’s just me. I usually run low battery currents.

Are you sure that is okay?

Is anything smashed inside there? Especially smashed against carbon fiber (a conductor)

I will check