Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

McMaster-Carr sells multi-hole cable glands as well, so you can get a full IP68 rating if needed.

3 Likes

im finding that with the puck its super hard to get the last bit of the throttle (cant max my power)
is there a solution for that or its just about changing the throttle curve?

stock puck remote

Just set the max-throttle endpoint on your input calibration sooner.

1 Like

How do I identify whether an e-bike motor is an outrunner or inrunner? Would it be bad if I choose the wrong one in the motor detection of the vesc tool? I could not open the motor up…
It is 2nd hand but I believe it is a predecessor of this motor:

yeah i thought it would just be that or change the throttle curve
issue is i lose out a percentage of the throttle
is there any mod that helps reach the whole throttle?

While it’s impossible to be sure given the myriad number of different hub motors out in the world, I would be willing to bet all the money in my wallet that every hub motor you will ever encounter in your life, is an outrunner. Inrunners are incredibly rare to see in traction motor applications because they have very few advantages.

Dunno, I don’t have a puck to experiment with. You’ll have to check with the puck owners for hardware info.

1 Like

thanks

hopefully one of them will see and let me know

3d printer is nearly back and running again so i will get a couple cases printed for testing

Thank you

I’m gonna check that out thank you also

Thank you for the answer I have just found further hints in this video: Small Geared Hub Motor Showdown, Bafang G311/G310 vs Shengyi SX1/SX2 - YouTube
There is a comparison between two motors and the shengyi with its gear ratio around 1:5 is an outrunner in comparison to the bafang which is an inrunner but mine should be built similar to the shengyi…

I haven’t heard anything negative, but they’re selling basically the same thing as more established brands like Meepo and Ownboard.

@xsynatic @mr.shiteside i used to get errors pretty much every single time i turned the board off on my dual unity setup. I think its just a glitch

3 Likes

The fault is like Schrödigers cat.

It’s a fault and it’s not a fault

5 Likes

Do you guys use a loop key or how do you reset to get past it? I need to do a bit more testing but if I remember right I can’t use the board until it’s been hard power cycled

2 Likes

Mine was 4wd running off one switch. Never had an issue powering on or off, just used to throw the fault

3 Likes

unity does that every. single. time.

3 Likes

does anyone have a halfway decent CAD model of the Stormcore?
(for connector/wire placement mainly)

Any recommendations for a cheap and good quality epoxy + hardener? I was looking at West Systems 105/207 Epoxy and its just to expensive for both. Doing CF to stiffen my board up.

1 Like

Hey guys, running into some weird issues on my 4wd build. I’ve got two stormcores 60d+ connected via CAN. I’ve read that with firmware 5.2 there are bugs with detection over Can, so I did motor detection and set-up on each vesc separately, with ppm set only on the master one. At first it looked like everything was okay, motors spins, detects, all good. I connect the can cable and all spind, but some looks like they go way slower. I ran detection again to be sure, a’d I realised on each stormcore, one motor is detected as sensorless each time. I’ve made sure the sensor wires are plugged in and not defective. I’m going to try run manual detection for the sensors tomorrow, but anyone has seen something like this? Also on a different issue I updated a flux motion board to fw 5.2 a’d upon running motor detection, it showed one motor as sensorless again, could it be a 5.2 bug? Any insight appreciated