Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I’ve got glass and wet roads (almost continuously for the last month). Between those, i prefer dealing with flats than dealing with soap wheels in a bathtub

2 Likes

Yea. I may have one from @tinp123 laying around if you want. 1xt90 female to 2xt90 male

2 Likes

Even better, tape. Stretches when needed

1: hm10 modules are no longer supported by vesc tool. Look for nrf 5xxx types
2: use canbus, don’t buy into all the split pwm tinfoil hat nonsense. While you’re at it activate traction control as well, you’ll be a happy noodle

1 Like

Thanks, though I’ve just ordered some parts from nexus. I should be fine :+1:

1 Like

I got them boyzzz!!

I might have a problem adapting these for the kegel core as the valve it’s pretty big but I will try 3d printing

4 Likes

Kegel inserts have ten pieces, abec inserts have six pieces. Not sure of the exact spacing, but it may be easier to adapt an abec core to the 3 spoke pattern. Possibly by just filing the gaps bigger.

You’d need a pulley that rides on a bearing though.

2 Likes

I’m going to adapt them to use bn gear drives, wich use 5 inserts. The thing that worries me the most its the valve situation, it’s kinda big and I may not be able to find a good angle for it. Thanks for the advice tho.

I have that on kegel and on abec so no problem untill I sell them lol.

1 Like

Can you tell me what advantages/disadvantages has filling the tire more/less? I imagine less filled tires have less range but are a little more comfortable?

Yep

1 Like

So if I pump to 8000psi I would run 0.00000001wh/km

1 Like

Of course

/s

2 Likes

8 Likes

My printer levels before every print so when I try to print on abs slurry it makes the z axis to high and everything’s ends up being a mush

Any hints

Trying to lower z offset now

1 Like

If you pump it high enough you may get fusion going inside the wheel and get into the negatives Wh/mile

9 Likes

Who needs regen braking anyway

Couple noob questions.

1. How do you stop the belt from running off the wheel pulley and rubbing on the tire.

1. Is this the correct installation of matrix II trucks and motor mounts? I thought there would be a set screw for the motor mount but it looks like you just use the included screws to pinch into the metal to secure the mount. I did notice a singular hole on the truck but it would only work if I put the mounts inboard.

3 Likes

The first picture looks like a bad alignment issue, follow the steps of this post from the esk8 master @b264 and you’ll probably be alright.

I don’t know about matrix trucks so maybe someone can answer your other question

3 Likes

@b264 shortened my phase wires and honestly the soldering job was about as bad as it gets
I’m aweful at soldering

What do you recommend I do
If the joints were really ugly but I pulled on them hard and they didn’t come apart does that mean that they are ok?
Thanks

What’s a good way to check your overall mileage on a board? Is this recorded somewhere?

1 Like