Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Happy to help. Getting that last few percent from “it works but…” to “finished” is always the challenge, at least for me.

3 Likes

Yep. That last few percent is most of the effort.

10% of the work takes 90% of the time

4 Likes

Ain’t that the truth. My bike had been “It works but…” for like a year now. I just haven’t made the time (or workbench space) to tear it down fully to do the final round of make-it-pretty on the wiring before I button it up with some silicone.

2 Likes

My latest method to deal with this is to put it all together quick with no loctite or water resist or look nice efforts at all.

Ride it once or twice for at most a kilometer each, tweaking things.

Then take it all apart and rebuild it with Loctite and water resist and Look Nice :tm: everywhere.

If you ignore the part in italics you’ll likely pay a large price

If it’s an ebike you can get away with a lot more

2 Likes

Everything you said here is correct, and I agree, other than this. The gender of the XT connectors is based on the actual metal contacts inside the housings, not the housings themselves.

The top connector in his picture is the only male connector (the metal contacts are male bullets) and the bottom connector is female (the metal contacts are female bullets, which the male pins slide into). Its kind of confusing considering the female housing slides into the male housing, but there you go.

*Slides glasses up nose*

5 Likes

3 Likes

i plan to build NESE 5*2s2p with p42a.
or just buy a big motor 63100

And this is why I shouldn’t be posting on limited sleep.

2 Likes

A bigger motor won’t help you with your problem.

1 Like

Weird noises
Da da da

Without belt seems normal

1 Like

The belt sounds too tight in the first video, also check that there is not a stone or something stuck in the pulleys

3 Likes

What’s the benefit of bigger/wider motors? I know that they have better heat dissipation which allows them to run at higher power, but are there some other benefits like efficiency at lower speeds?

Let’s say I have 6354 190KV motors running with 30A limit. Would that setup benefit from bigger 6384 motors with the same KV if the current limit would stay the same?

Being able to convert more amps into more torques.

Nope, only adds unnecessary weight.
Unless your 6354 are overheating at 30amps, which is not very realistic.

5 Likes

Got it, thanks. Now I understand motors a bit more.

1 Like

Mhhh, but that solder joint covering half of the esc still scares me, no?

1 Like

Yes it is kinda weird. i would look at schematics or ask someone knowledgeable

1 Like

my battery has one xt90 output, but ive got 2 maker-x esc’s … how do i connect them both to the battery? is there like a splitter or something?

1 Like

Yes. You need to make a parallel splitter.

3 Likes

thanks…i guess this is what i need to do? looks pretty ghetto lol

1 Like

ah looks different to what i found

1 Like