Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

not sure if worth it but the charger from Ben is solid AF. I use the same one with 5A. Mine is really silent, doesn’t get hot and has an adjustable potentiometer for the voltage. I’d go with Nexus.

Maybe worth it if you value the size, as the eskating one seems a bit smaller due to the missing fan. Although the charger from nexus isn’t that big either.

1 Like

Was checking out this set:

But it seems like I’d be locked to Bergmeister as my only wheel options for AT? Can you get 7 inch tires for Bergmeister rims? What’s the consensus on Bergmeister in comparison to some of the other rims in ESK8?

1 Like

The gear ratio is not proper for anything larger than beers yet. That may change in the future.

Anyone know the size of the nuts that go on the axle bolts on matrix II?

2 Likes

Can you add 7 inch tires to Bergs though? 150s aren’t that big a tire.

According to Joel himself, the kingpin nut (which is what I’m assuming you’re pointing at and is missing) is M6 thread.

Out of curiousity, what size is that wheel sprocket?

2 Likes

Thanks dude.

The wheel sprocket is for #25 chain and is 70 tooth.

I’m changing to 62 tonight…
The 70 was not great clearance and would hit stuff sometimes.

4 Likes

Dang ok. I was debating between those two as well, but that 70 is way larger than I expected. Looks like I’ll go with a 62 then. Might have to drop my motor sprocket to 10t instead of 12t to counter the higher KV of my motors. Thanks for the comparison pictures!

1 Like

Yeah. I go for torque and will be running 12s soon. These are 190kv motors and I’m going to run 9/62.

1 Like

I just got my new alien power systems remote and when I go to do pulse length mapping on VESC tool, moving the trigger on the transmitter is not getting any response.

Can someone who has knowledge about this remote please chime in?

Seems every time I feel I’m close to what I need I realize something that makes it no good. I was liking the idea of maybe the 3Dservisas helical gear kit but the gear ratio is tuned to speed instead of torque.

Moon’s seems best for value and off-road but if I can’t use Chanel trucks I don’t see how I can use it. Does anyone know of any non Chanel trucks that will work with Moon’s drive for 7 inch pneumatic fun with rockstar rim/Trampa rim versatility? Ideally a wide truck?

If I can’t do that I’m back to the 35 degree riser concept again. :crazy_face: Feels like I’m right back where I began.

3 Likes

Wow I didn’t think an extra quarter of an inch of clearance would be a big deal, but that’s a pretty big difference.

1 Like

Bergs only really play nicely with their own tyres. Keep in mind a 170kv motor on 12s with bergs on the geardrive is geared towards around 80km/hr. That’s kinda bad for anyone that wants just torque in the 20-30km/hr range

1 Like

Yeah. The 1:3 gear ratio of the boardnamics didn’t make sense as I looked into it more. I like moon’s 5:1 gear ratio for torque and increased hub wheel versatility much more. So I now need to determine if I get 35 degree wedge risers or the Etoxx adjustable angle plate for the matrix II trucks for my deck, or if I just go with non Chanel trucks like the boardnamics 220mm precision truck or something from Surfrodz since those 2 are on Moon’s compatibility list.

If you’re set on getting the moon drives I’d suggest Boardnamics 220 or 270 hangers

2 Likes

Do you have them and like them? Or are you suggesting it mostly on what I’ve disclosed in terms of my hopes for the board? Just curious.

No way

eBay is tail bone heaven

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Powell+Peralta+Tail+Bone

4 Likes

I would not personally recommend an ABS enclosure unless you use it as a base to lay fiberglass on, especially around the boltholes or even only around the boltholes is acceptible.

ABS by itself is terrible. It will crack at every bolt hole.

2 Likes

True but with high international shipping cost…

Can’t find any on the german eBay.

2 Likes