Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

This is true, however, I have noticed it’s almost always M4x8mm bolts work the best to mount most motors

3 Likes

Cheers man, I’m fairly light so some 3d printed hubs would probably do me fine. Will get in touch with that guy, I don’t have a printer, so hopefully he (or someone here) can do me a solid

1 Like

There are lots of websites that will link you up to someone with a 3d printer for $ if you cant find anyone on here.

I would hop on over to one of the numerous 3d printing topics on here and see if there are any folks in the UK who could help you out. I’m sure if you offered to buy them a roll of filament and have it shipped to their address, someone would be more than willing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

yeah, uk would be better. LD shipping is always unwanted. dont suppose you know if these are the files?

1 Like

Those look promising :slight_smile:

I have never used them, so I would wait to see if @mishrasubhransu will chime in with his wisdom on this topic :wink:

1 Like

just found the page here, seems i can get kegal prints, wtf!?!? 1000% more interested as I can swap out with the new BN’s GD kegal set.

3 Likes

Now you’re thinking with portals :wink:

2 Likes

Geo_E_FTW™

1 Like

Use low Kv motors if doing that.

Like 130Kv instead of 190Kv, et cetera

That board seems super sketch. Top mount pneumatics will be weird like that, plus the deck is not exactly made with obstacles in mind. Mountainboards self balance and handle those roads much better, but still expect to do like 15km/hr on anything but wheelbarrow wheels

1 Like

Just set duty cycle current limit start at 85% and don’t worry about anything else. Also traction control is really nice to have and won’t let motor rpm’s pass each other by too much

1 Like

5p 40T configuration can pull 125A continuous without a sweat. Are you sure you want to limit yourself to a non-configurable blackbox esc? Scout this forum and look for something that can to 100A/side as a minimum. Dv6 from makerx and trampa’s vesc 6 are 2 solid candidates

M4x8mm with shallow socket cap is what you want

Edit: make sure they are with 3mm allen key hole. 2.5mm will strip immediately

1 Like

Why is aliexpress website in german every time i open it and how do i fix this

1 Like

Time to learn german i guess.

Go to account in the bottom right, the second last option are the settings where you can change the language.

2 Likes

Have no idea, half of the time mine opens into French

Log in. Easiest and best way to fix it. All the other ways are janky and don’t work half the time. You will learn the German words for logging in, username, and password :rofl:

3 Likes

Worked! It’s the 3 dot menu in the top corner then “konto” for me though. Thanks

1 Like

How hard is it to remove green loctite?
I have some bearings with weird tolerances for bergs hubs and i’m thinking to glue them in there to stop them rattling, but as all bearings are basically disposable, i want to know i can pull them out as well

Thanks for the suggestions. What are your thoughts on Focbox unity and Flipsky’s 6.6+ one?

1 Like

Focbox is outdated and sold by someone who screwed over a lot of people. You’re literally buying the controller that’s supposed to be in someone’s paid and not sent board. Flipshit has 0 quality control and sub zero customer service. I would only recommend if you can buy from amazon as they back their sales without the actual seller having a say

3 Likes