Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

So’s this. I assume it cures via solvent evaporation or air contact or something.
https://www.amazon.com/Epoxy-Insulating-Coating-12-5-Aerosol/dp/B004RH4ZG2
I’d offer to send you a can since I’ve got more than a dozen, but hazmat.

4 Likes

Those aren’t the magnets bruh. The magnets are the shiny things inside the spinny part.

2 Likes

Wow I don’t even know how I would handle a giant aerosol can like that. I use a tiny, tiny brush to meticulously get it in there and all over everything – except not the things I don’t want it on.

That’s like a blaster cannon, cover the whole room LoL.zzz :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Seriously? I thought they were both magnets? What makes them clamp together then?

1 Like

Masking tape all over everything you don’t want covered, then let 'er rip!

2 Likes

Don’t get ANY 422B in any bearings. It’s not a good time. Take the bearings out if you can first.

1 Like

Steel sticks to magnets…? That stator is made of steel?

The coils make it into an electromagnet, but only when it’s got electricity running through them.

5 Likes

oh they are steel! i didn’t know :smile:

For delicate work I’ve also sprayed it into a cup and then used a brush/cotton swab to apply it from there.

Steel is what rusts bruh.

2 Likes

Yeah when each coil turns on, it turns that “prong” of the stator into an electromagnet which then pulls on the can to line up one if its magnets with that prong. Continuously rotate which ones are turned on, and the rotor will keep trying to catch up, causing a spinning motion.

2 Likes

bruh

3 Likes

Can PU wheels, like TB110, be fitted onto MBS matrix 2 trucks?

Is this a bad idea for street riding at ~20-30mph?

Yes they can with the right bearings.
Not a bad idea, matrix trucks are nice and wide so you’ll be pretty stable at speed. Turning circle might be a bit large though.

1 Like

Does anyone else have any ideas here?

Hi everyone, in the past few days I looked on the internet for a pair of 6365 190kv Maytech motors, I don’t want to order them from Maytech.com because the shipping is too expensive (50$)and they don’t respond me since I kindly asked for a little discount. Researching online I found them on alibaba at pretty good price but I’m afraid of the reliability of the shipper. Do you know where can I buy some legit 6365 190kv motors? Is there any other good option besides Maytech?

1 Like

I HAVE A PAIR OF 6365 190KV. They’re the closed can version. These ones

Buuuut, I cut the shafts suuuper short and they’re more than likely unusable unless you’re able to find replacement 8mm shafts

3 Likes

Dude wytf you did that??:joy:

1 Like

Ugh. I facepalm about this all the time. Because the lady who previously owned them asked what length is required to cut off to make them fit Avio gear drives. Jeff said 18mm. So she sent them to me and told me “it needs to be 18mm short.”

I asked her. ‘ARE YOU SURE YOU DONT MEAN “It needs to be 18mm shorter”’? And she was very adamant.

I went on to the saw with tears in my hand cutting away at the shaft because I knew something was very very wrong.

Long story short. She was wrong and I have a pair of tiny dick motors

9 Likes

Oh well… fuck.
That’s a sad story, you made me laugh like a baby though

3 Likes