Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Wheel pulley rubbing against the core of the wheel.
Put a thin film of grease in there

2 Likes

You won’t ever reach that, and it will have no effect.

Can someone tell me how to get the spring and trigger back together on this cocksucker??

4 Likes

Pre-inflate to a pressure you can still move the tire, balance as much as you can, then inflate all the way
If it’s still wobbly i don’t really know

2 Likes

Yeah like @Athrx said, that’s definitely the sound of a wheel pulley.

Assuming it’s not bolt-on:

Grease will reduce the symptoms, but not the cause.

To reduce the cause, slightly reduce the thickness of the spacer between the pulley bearing and the wheel bearing. If it has 8mm of spacer, make it 7mm et cetera

4 Likes

it’s a bit finicky to get the spring in there . i usually start with it on the trigger side and finagle it over the housing side as the “axle” of the trigger goes in the hole.

5 Likes

are you sure or is that a guess? Cause that’s really hard to finangle :rofl: :rofl: fuckin springs flyin all over the place trying to position it

1 Like

i am only 90% sure as I don’t have one apart at the moment. but that’s pretty sure. I’ve done it a few times.

EDIT:

yes. but it’s not too hard. but springs fly … yes.

1 Like

Magnets are your friend.

Also when looking for lost parts that are small, get your eyeball as close to the floor as you possibly can, and look across the room. Often you will see it immediately.

7 Likes

Stocking over vacuum also works, but not everyone has stocking lying around for that :rofl:

1 Like

Just use a small sock haha. or a condom with poked holes.
Disclaimer: don’t resuse that condom

4 Likes

another silleh noob question

The telemetry shown on the vesc app is only for one of the esc (the one its directly connected to) right?

and is there an odometer function anywhere in the software? I can’t seem to find any so im guessing it doesn’t exist with the normal bt module. but maybe with metr?

1 Like

Metr only works after it’s installed and successfully have record of data stream, it also doesn’t account for other factors, like hardware change (motor / wheels…etc) unless u manually update those in the setting, if u r trying to keep track of total distance travelled for certain hardware, it will be a guesstimate at best unless everything was put together same time and was never took apart.

1 Like

Hey guys I got my battery enclosure off my Chinese board to check if everything was clean and I found this kind of white-light blue dust all over the battery and the enclosure… is it a problem or should I clean it up? I just hope it’s not battery acid or shit like that

I recognize that this is a dumb noob question but that’s what I am.:upside_down_face:

1 Like

Looks a lot like road dust to me, the residue on the battery looks like muddy water that dried up.
Have you ridden the board or is this straight from the factory?

1 Like

OHHH @fessyfoo is ABSOLUTELY correct here

1 Like

No man I rode it 300km, this board took a storm too

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0814CNLHK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use these. they’re great for soldering too. Good for blind guys as myself =)

1 Like

I just use a jeweler’s loop if necessary, I have 14x and 20x
(the kind you hold with your eyebrow, not the folding ones)

But mostly nothing, those are useful for small surface mount stuff though

1 Like

Bullshit. Turn it inside out and satisfy your lady with no worries!

2 Likes