Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

A month and a half for a firmware flash seems a bit excessive to me

You’re right, but he had to get into boosters lockdowned software first. Basically hes was still figuring it out. He had one battery sent back right away with another rlod after just clearing the error code and balancing. So he held up repairs till he figured out away to update firmware, which was unobtainium b4.
Kid is smart as shit, not so organised though, he forgot to charge me(I paid him).

It’s the standard mate. Trucks don’t start steering when you accelerate, double the acceleration, double the brakes, double the potential consumed energy as well (and double it again for 4wd)

Keep in mind that the more you take out of a battery at once, the less you get in total. If you exceed the rated discharge, the total power you get out of a battery drops drastically

My first guess is that you forgot to fully charge or you severely passed the discharge rating of the battery, or esc is wasting energy somewhere. Re-run detection, check battery amps (for each esc), fully charge and test again?

2 Likes

So if you wire all the red BMS balance wires to the negative side of the groups, do you wire the single black wire to the main positive of the pack?

What…

The one black balance wire goes to the negative side, the red wires go, in order, to all the other cells.
Basically where you connect 2 cells (+ and -) you also throw the right red wire in there. The last one should end right on the + of the last cell.

2 Likes

You should check out this thread/post:

1 Like

The main positive of the pack will get one balance wire, yes, but typically it’s not black, though insulation color does not affect the electricity.

3 Likes

I’m an idiot. Lost my m3 wera Allen. Does someone have an obsession for wera tools and has all 3 of these and can tell me what the differences are?
I had the one with a red holder so you can use that as a base of comparison
Tia

“Hexagon” or “Hex” is not the same as “Hex-plus” which is a different shape that works better for me (doesn’t strip as much) so pay close attention to that. Not sure about the rest of the deets

4 Likes

Get the 3mm one off ebay. Look for blacklaser hex-plus. Although i must say i didn’t have problems over 2.5mm on stainless (silver) with stripping, and i’m a close second to @Halbj613’s screw tightening skills

2 Likes

72CDN$, equally as fucked as AUS$ wtf

2 Likes

Its what happens whenever I “need” something for the usa

Man…The set costs 23€ here which is like 35 CAD

1 Like

If only I could pay that price :sweat_smile::disappointed_relieved:

Top 2 ruin it with the risk of loss
Bottom one is expensive

3 Likes

shipping from CA to USA: $5

shipping from USA to CA: $50

damn motherfuckers ha ha ha

but actually not ha ha

2 Likes

@b264 I’ve never really played around too much with my settings on vesc tool as I’ve got them dialed in pretty easily on my previous builds. On my latest build I’m using loaded/unlimited hubs and I’m finding my low speed breaking really weak. What motor/battery regen settings would you recommend me try? For reference in using a 10s3p 30q pack.

Thanks!

If your low speed brakes are weak, lower your motor min

Lower means lower

So if it’s -35A then lower it, like to -50A or something further below zero

2 Likes

Sounds good, thanks! Also, what would you personally set the battery regen on a 3p 30q pack at?

What’s your

motor Kv
wheel outside diameter
body mass
motor brand/size
pulley or gear ratio

1 Like