Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I mean those spacers yes, they probably wont work with 3dservisas stuff no.

These are the bearings I found https://www.twenty4bearings.nl/638-2z-zen.html

1 Like

ZZ or 2Z bearings will roll more freely than 2RS bearings but not last as long.

RS bearings like Bones Reds (608-RS) only have the rubber seal on one side and, when used in pairs, with the unsealed sides together, can be the best of both worlds.

4 Likes

This one should do the job for example, https://www.boardbumpersshop.com/product-page/trampa-superstar-hub-bearing-adapter-set I think

Edit: there is also one from Trampa and the quality is somewhat better. However, I could not find that one quickly. Both do the job.

1 Like

Those thinner wires on the motor side are likely covered in epoxy, it’s an easy thing to overlook. Sand the whole exposed wire part with sandpaper before trying to solder it again, you should have an easier time. Oh and make sure to use flux.

1 Like

I just mounted a peli case with the same method to a mountain board just recently

not to be argumentative, but in the interest of correctness…

the discussion was based on Unity HW and VESC FW…

2 Likes

Fair enough. Don’t use Unity, so I didn’t know. Great clarification

2 Likes

Once I am finished can I just use copy and paste to publish or do you proceed?

Yes, that’s what I do. Edit the post, copy the source, and paste it in a new post.

1 Like

Is there any disadvantage to using larger motor pulleys? Like, 20T for example.
Cheapest potential option when upgrading to lower kv it seems :frowning:

Other than the consequent reduction in gear ratio, not really.

They’re mostly advantages, such as

• more teeth engaged
  • less belt wear/fatigue
  • less belt tension required
  • less belt related frictional losses
2 Likes

The only disadvantage to running a lower Kv motor and a bigger motor pulley would be less effective unsensored operation and more reliance on HFI or sensors, or bigger hip-flicks.

A higher Kv motor with a smaller pulley (to acheive the same speeds) would give better unsensored operation but have slightly more belt wear and frictional losses as @MysticalDork noted

2 Likes

:ghost:
Serious tho. Antarctica is not far away :sweat_smile:
Can’t find any location settings… Halp!

:joy:

2 Likes

Soo, my only real disadvantage is under 2000erpm where i set my vesc to stop reading hall sensors? (Potentially even lower if motor handles tests well)
I understand that 2000erpm at different gearing ratios will mean different speeds but it should be negligible

Anyone tried 12s with the dual FSESC 4.20+? I would like to hear experiences.
I heard of people trying it on their eMTB builds and they failed miserably and some on some higher powered street boards, but it’s just gonna be on a 12s3p Tayto with a 15/40T ratio.

I’m gonna be doing testing this weekend, but would like to know if I should have a medic on call :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

What are the Summer Board bindings called?

My 6380 torque boards motor is falling apart. Does anyone know where I can source parts for it?

The cracks were from a week ago, and the second pic of the can crooked is today.

2 Likes

Thats’s pretty strange, looks like you’ve been treating those motors pretty harsh.
I would contact @torqueboards directly via pm or email.

3 Likes

If tb can’t replace them, I’d definitely be looking for another motor. Personally I wouldn’t trust that. Unless you can find some spare parts to rebuild it from

1 Like