Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

You should cut the shrink wrap off and take a photo of the solder points. (Do not power up the ESC with the shrink wrap removed!) I feel like it’s very likely a cold solder junction could cause that issue. It could also be a dirty or oxidized bullet connector not making a good connection.

3 Likes

OK, will do…

I suspect you’re right. When I tried to cut off the heat shrink the joint just fell apart. Bugger! I thought I’d done a reasonable job but clearly not :sleepy:

Does the female end look clean enough to re-use or should I replace that too?

3 Likes

Try to pull them off the wire. If you cannot pull them off, they might be okay. If you can pull it off the wire with your hands, then it’s no good.

2 Likes

OK. Thanks heaps. I think it’s time I purchase a decent iron. Or maybe I’m just lacking in skills haha.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Sad thing is I have read this thread before and did a lot right. But I’ll use this thread to get info on best soldering irons. Cheers

1 Like

Having issues finding 200mm-2??mm hangers for my first build. I have 6374 motors, have evolve pneumatic 7" tires, and a drop through deck. Made some orders from several different companies but all are about a month out. Is there any good vendors in the States that have them in stock? Basically the last part needed for my build and it’s frustrating :triumph:

1 Like

TB218 from torqueboards
BN220 from boardnamics
SurfRodz
And I believe Kahua trucks are also over 200mm
@JMyers

3 Likes

@Jujo already got the torqueboards on order they are upto 2 weeks till they ship :pensive:

2 Likes

Thanks for the information I will look up the other ones :slight_smile:

1 Like

And if you have a little more dime, you can also check out 3DServisas stuff.

1 Like

I have seen those from another thread. Are they worth it? They look Hella niice :sunglasses:

1 Like

Wait, @3DServisas sells hangers for heXL baseplates? I didn’t know they had any TKP stuff :open_mouth:

3 Likes

I try to limit myself from buying their products because they’re expensive, but their parts are consistently being used by builders here because they’re some high quality shit. I normally just buy them used from another builder like the little cheap slut I am

4 Likes

Yea but my poor wallet :cry:

3 Likes

I feel like heXL baseplates/trucks are now going to be desirable again on the parts market

2 Likes

@Jujo Niice :joy: @b264 I thought Caliber 2 was rkp?

1 Like

Caliber2 is RKP. But the heXL they list is TKP

1 Like

Nevermind noobz :joy:

3 Likes