Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Anyone know what the technical name for this is?21c75f_7dfc5e57850e40d087a1c21513ad9151_mv2

It’s a sex bolt with a square milled on the end of it.

3 Likes

A “squex” bolt?

I think you might have some luck maybe if you entered the image into Google, unless someone else knows the proper name

It’s like the bastard lovechild of a sex bolt and a carriage bolt.

Clever design, saves the height needed by a drive on the head by just locking into a square hole in the mount plate.

1 Like

Hi guys,

I am somewhat confused about the Max Motor amp value.
I’m running a 10s dual 4.12 vesc Mountainboard setup. My acceleration does not fit my needs so I wanted to boost my Max Motor amps but I could not find Information about the Max Motor amps the vesc can handle.
Spec says 60A but does it mean Motor or bat Max? Currently my bat and Motor max is 60A.

Thx

That means battery max. You should be able to up your motor max. Also check absolute current max and increase that. I have a fsesc 6.6 single drive and had heaps of ABS over current faults before increasing that.

Suggest reading this thread:

2 Likes

What is your:

• gear ratio?
  • wheel size?
  • battery amperage rating?

Are you running in FOC or BLDC mode?

On a 4.12 VESC I would highly suggest BLDC mode.

3 Likes

Yup. @b264 has got it. BLDC will feel more powerful. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Thx I already read this article but Was not sure about the vesc Limit. Then I will increase Motor amperage. I come from an Esc Board and am used to really high torque from the start :grimacing:
My bat can be drained up to 140A, gear ratio is 1:5,9. Weels are 8".

1 Like

out of interest, maytech or focbox?

This one x2.

1 Like

oh i see. i’ve never seen that brand before

You should have absolutely tons of torque already with that ratio. I’m guessing your motor is 190Kv

I’d raise the “motor amps” as you’ve stated. Which motors are you using? How many of them?

1 Like

I concurs a remarkable about of my esk8 supplies are from Daiso.
Foam cutter, sand paper, battery storage bins, hot glue, dried mango, cans of coffee goodness.

1 Like

Remember if you have 2 vesc to 1/2 your battery current. Especially if it’s from Etsy.

I use 2x 6374 170kV Motors, but dont know the Brand.
IFf I pull the trigger 100% the weels wont even lose traction.

You should have loads of torque.

Have you set up your PWM mapping?

Turn on RT APP on the right side and go to App_Settings>PPM>Mapping and make sure you can move the “From VESC” graph all the way to 100% by pulling the trigger in.

Important: when you turn off the remote, the “From VESC” line should be around 0% (failsafe setting)

I already did, but as you all say I should have more torque so I assume something is wrong. I get a bluetooth module soon to start Analysis.
I am running bldc with the ackmaniac fw.

1 Like

And direct drive if that matters…

Direct Drive and 6374 170kv motors doesn’t compute. Can you share a picture of your drivetrain?

5 Likes