Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

If you do profiles to limit speed it’ll do it wrong. Otherwise no biggie. My bluetooth side has like 20km registered and remote side about 13 right now

1 Like

I more knowlegeable in concrete beams than in metal plates, but i don’t like the look of it.
Were your screws loose or something ?

1 Like

No, they were all fine. It might just be the super bumpy sidewalks at campus.

We all ride rough roads, those cracks are not great but depending on how many miles of abuse they have suffered they could be expected. How many miles and what’s the build?

2 Likes

What is a good starting value for “tc max erpm difference”? The default is 3000erpm before the fastest wheel shuts down completely

Also, do i need to turn on traction control on both sides, or just the remote side (connected via uart)?

1 Like

Those cracks are concerning. Take a look at this thread: Seeking Repair Advice for Broken TB 6380 Motor - I had a 6380 come apart while riding and the damage was in a similar location near the mounting screws.

2 Likes

So I’ve finally finished my 2nd build of my board. I added a key now instead of an anti spark switch.

How do I put this into standby mode? :slight_smile:

Unplug?
If it’s a trampa mk3/4 vesc it’s in app settings under general, otherwise unplugging puts it in “standby” mode

1 Like

I’ve only had this motor since Christmas and I maybe put at most 100 miles on it.

maybe I need to upgrade to some a/t wheels??:smirk:

1 Like

If you mean bigger urethane wheels, make sure you increase the wheel pulley tooth number as well when you go up in size. (It won’t help with vibration much though)

If you mean pneumatics… you need to be aware that it will immediately double your consumption at whatever speed you go. Half the range, twice the heat in motor and controller and double the stress in all components. I can guarantee you that vibration wise it’s a day and night difference (and adjustable too!), but on a single drive you might be dissappointed and/or overheat thinga

2 Likes

Has anyone ever experienced a antiseptic/TCP smell come from their battery box? I cannot identify it it appears my switch and my lipos both smell and the foam in the interior. no sign of any damage. all cables are fine etc. Its a bit weird.

Is it that unique bitter circuit smell? Something’s overheating, or took some water and survived, or both. Conformal coating also has a specific tone to it.

Burn some very, very, very small amounts of plastic/foam/any materials in there and see if one gives out that specific bitterness, check p group voltages, charge under supervision for heat.
At the end it’ll be your call if you can trust the board not to catch on fire, but experience says that shit is impossible to locate unless stuff is almost smoking. Don’t let it get to there

I haven’t seen a difference from 7 to 8 inch wheels :thinking:

2 Likes

He meant the swap from 'thane to pneumatic.

2 Likes

Ah well I don’t know the consumption on my thane, it doesn’t have that data. 20km at 42kmh on a 10s2p

thanks Yeah il try them steps. they are brand new lipos and are completely water tight. I do have a flipsky switch which the heat shrink has come off. it may be the glue that has heated. As you said it’s hard to tell. It’s such a strange smell it smells exactly like antiseptic or TCP and its strong.

1 Like

Anyone knows the pole count on Loaded hub motors?

Dayum son

Yes that plate is structural.

Did the motor hit a huge rock or something? I would be concerned about that.

2 Likes

No, no, no

Yes, wrong telemetry.

1 Like

Pull the loop key out

1 Like