Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

2 Likes

I run my single 6355 without sensors or HFI, never had issues on a hill and start up is smooth as long as I feather the throttle

1 Like

I think high frequency induction. Might have been autocorrect error but just using inductance of motor which changes with rotation of the can to measure the rotation.

No, it’s injection. As in, injection of high frequency signals into the low frequency commutation signal to read the position.

4 Likes

Yah any sort of rolling start and get some sort of rotation “info” via bemf and the motor controller can “guess” well enough the rotational speed to keep things moving. From standstill I think need sensors or hfi to get moving with 0 cogging/misfiring on opening the gates.

1 Like

Ah correction on my incorrect correction, thanks just double checked and correct (it is injection). Just recall Vedder saying something about different induction I think of various motors affecting how well it works but my bad.

1 Like

Yeah, different motor types have wildly different inductance/coupling/whatever properties and that affects how well HFI works.
Like inrunners are apparently awful for HFI but outrunners are much better. Probably because most inrunners don’t have an iron core and thus have far lower inductance.

1 Like

If I want to use a bluetooth module and the VX2 remote with two escs connected over CAN, could I connect bluetooth to one esc and the remote to the other or would that not work and I’m shit outta luck?

Works fine over CAN

I could connect the bluetooth module and remote to either COMM port?

I run a VX2 on the master and BT module on the slave for 2 of my boards, one with a dual FS 6.6+ and the other on v1.6 FocBoxes, both at 12s

1 Like

The simple answer would be don’t combine to the same port. It’ll cause conflict of data . Different ports=different data entry logs

1 Like

Do you mean like if I spliced all the wires into one connector?

1 Like

Thats if you’re not using the esk8 ones. But hub motors on esk8 are outrunners as well. Unless they’re inrunners… then I have no ideas. But I think the larger the hubs, the more poles it has.

Edit: Direct drives are around 24 poles. Some actually are around 24 poles but here’s a photo:

You might want to connect the remote to the can side if your BLE is using one port. Either side is a Can if it doesn’t have the BLE. Are you doing dual esc or single?

Edit: yeah you can do one on each port. I just saw this.

1 Like

sweet, that’s great to hear

Yes. Don’t do it. It’s tempting when you’re out of ports (I’ve done it) but it will end in a faceplant (I’ve also done it)

3 Likes

ahh I see; won’t do then chief, I wasn’t thinking of it but thanks for the info

Anyone know what the technical name for this is?21c75f_7dfc5e57850e40d087a1c21513ad9151_mv2

It’s a sex bolt with a square milled on the end of it.

3 Likes